Thread: Hello,

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello,

I'm posting here finally. I absolutely hate introducing myself at least I don't have to wear a weird name bag. I used to skip first days of school just to avoid the "tell us all about yourself." Anyway I'm really shy and really don't remember not being that way.

Lately I've had more anxiety than usual. I usually handle it better. I had a cancer scare last year and surgery last spring and since then I've felt like I've regressed to maybe more like my teenager years. It could be all hormonal as I'm in my forties.

About 8 years ago, my middle daughter was discovered to have anterior mylomenigeocele, tethered cord and anal stenosis and a malformed sacrum. Basically it's an extremely rare form of spina bifida. She needed 6 surgeries within two years. I kind of held it all together until all that was over and she was as good as she was going to be and went into a major depression.

The counselor I saw he said I had post traumatic stress which caused me to be very paranoid about things and on edge. He was really mad when at went off the antidepressant he prescribed and I stopped seeing him.

My daughter had no external signs of SB in form of a mark on her back. It was missed until 18 months when she got very sick and almost died. I felt so guilty because I knew that something was wrong and I tried many times to get the doctor to listen, but felt I wasn't aggressive enough.

She is ok now. By ok she has bowel and bladder problems. She is on a bowel maintenance program of taking a laxative to have a b.m. daily. She has low sensation on when to void her bladder and just has to void on a schedule. She is almost 11 now. She goes to a SB clinic once a year to make sure her spinal cord isn't re-tethered.

I'm married with 3 kids, one dog, one cat and four blunt nosed minnows. I'm extremely shy, sometimes I have had it under better control. I tend to be a loner and sometimes prefer it that way, not always because I would like friends which I think is hard when you are a Mom, you wind up attempting to be friendly with the Mom's of your children's friends and some of them can be people you have nothing in common with other than a child of the same age and then I wind up thinking they all hate me.

A few of my one daughter's friend's parents I actually like, but sometimes get intimidated by, because they are way wealthier, one is a superintendent of a local school district!! The other is a retired state trooper with a gigantic house at the lake.

I lied in a post because I mainly just wanted the advice and I was worried??? I work in retail no longer a factory.
    Donna

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear ya seem to have been thru some rough times. I hope ya find some support here; we're all really nice and accepting here, no need to be shy.
    Anyway, Welcome to the forums!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always hate intros too. Well the kind you mentioned anyway. It seems like you have been through quite a bit with you daughter's health and your own. I am happy you found the site and hope you find what you want here. Welcome!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Hey, Merc.
    Welcome to the site!

You have been through a lot and it only makes you a stronger person!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum. My granddaughter went through something similar to that, so I know the stress is crushing. We almost lost her 2 Christmases ago, but she went through a miracle surgery and survived. Hope you find support here. It's a really supportive place.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

no bird
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Officially welcomed. Your username sounds familiar.
    “The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.” -Albert Einstein

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to have you with us, Merc!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Welcome, Donna

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.