View Poll Results: Which medications have been most successful in treating your anxiety disorder?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • SSRI: Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac was successful

11 29.73%
  • SSRI: Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac was not successful

8 21.62%
  • SNRI: Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq was successful

1 2.70%
  • SNRI: Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq was not successful

6 16.22%
  • Benzo: Klonopin, Xananx, Valium, Ativan was successful

20 54.05%
  • Benzo: Klonopin, Xananx, Valium, Ativan was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Beta Blocker: Inderal, Atenolol was successful

5 13.51%
  • Beta Blocker: Inderal, Atenolol was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Stimulant: Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse was successful

2 5.41%
  • Stimulant: Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Atypical Antipsychotic: Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Saphris, Geodon was successful

3 8.11%
  • Atypical Antipsychotic: Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Saphris, Geodon was not successful

5 13.51%
  • Mood Stabilizer: Lamictal, Lithium, Trileptal, Depakote was successful

5 13.51%
  • Mood Stabilizer: Lamictal, Lithium, Trileptal, Depakote was not successful

3 8.11%
  • Anxiolytic: Gabapentin, Lyrica, Buspar was successful

1 2.70%
  • Anxiolytic: Gabapentin, Lyrica, Buspar was not successful

4 10.81%
  • Misc. Antidepressants: Wellbutrin, Remeron, Tricyclic was successful

4 10.81%
  • Misc. Antidepressants: Wellbutrin, Remeron, Tricyclic was not successful

5 13.51%
  • MAOI: Nardil, Parnate was successful

0 0%
  • MAOI: Nardil, Parnate was not successful

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote fetisha View Post
    I am becoming to dependent on ambien or Ativan now lately since its seems calm me down even more from the others but like I said the side effects are unbearable. I am so worried about the employees at the my pharmacy for judging me about asking about my ambien prescription cause I don't want to look like a drug addict to them.
    Well...when I was on Xanax there were times when I would run out. Obviously. I was dependent on it, it was an addiction, so I would run out when I couldn't reach my dealer, or when she was out. And those were bad, bad times. I'd call the pharmacy, the doctors office to get a refill and it was complicated because it's not a prescription for allergy medicine or something. It's Xanax.

It's a dangerous med to withdraw from by yourself, I've done it by myself and I seriously felt like I was going to die. I've withdrawn from it in a hospital and felt like I was going to die.

I've heard bad things about Ativan, Fetisha. I obviously can't know, and would never assume, you have an addiction. I just....hope you don't. I hope you find something that helps you, that works for you. My problem was I didn't realize what I was taking was poisoning me, every day. I'm sure this isn't you're situation, but I was on so much Xanax at one point it was really just ridiculous. I was on it for I think 11 years. And I never missed one dose, ever. I forgot to take it a couple of times before work, and drove over an hour back home to take the fucking pill, I'm serious.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    While I don't take it anymore, Klonopin helped with the debilitating panic attacks I used to have

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I've had tremendous success with stimulant medication. Though my ADHD is also the main cause for a lot of the anxiety that I tend to go through.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Propranolol was extremely impactful in my life. I was angry no one suggested it 10 years ago, could have saved me a lot of grief of lost jobs and friendships. It takes the edge off of everything. I'm no longer about to jump out of my skin, or leap into a deep rage, or need a week to come down from an argument. My heart used to go non stop racing. I can eat, I can sleep, I can interact with others without being a total mess. I don't obsess about all my problems. There are times I'm overwhelmed and support is needed but I can function so much better. It's really night and day. The depression is still really deep and caffeine helps me cope. Next will be a medicine for the depression.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Paxil and as needed Ativan.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Low dose valium is the only thing I've had any luck with.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just started on Pristiq for acute depression

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Ayahuasca blows all else out of the water in my case. Nothing comes close to what it has done for me. Voted SNRI: Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq was successful in the poll though. Used Cymbalta for years and it seemed to have somewhat of a moderating effect. I could have equally chosen "not successful" though. I know that sounds illogic, but I just don't know. I have felt horrible and good both with and without medication. Have been on meds for 17 years. Stopped four years ago and didn't go back on after aya. I have high hopes for psilocybin assisted psychotherapy becoming a legal option in the not so near future.
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.