View Poll Results: Which medications have been most successful in treating your anxiety disorder?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • SSRI: Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac was successful

11 29.73%
  • SSRI: Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac was not successful

8 21.62%
  • SNRI: Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq was successful

1 2.70%
  • SNRI: Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq was not successful

6 16.22%
  • Benzo: Klonopin, Xananx, Valium, Ativan was successful

20 54.05%
  • Benzo: Klonopin, Xananx, Valium, Ativan was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Beta Blocker: Inderal, Atenolol was successful

5 13.51%
  • Beta Blocker: Inderal, Atenolol was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Stimulant: Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse was successful

2 5.41%
  • Stimulant: Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse was not successful

2 5.41%
  • Atypical Antipsychotic: Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Saphris, Geodon was successful

3 8.11%
  • Atypical Antipsychotic: Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Saphris, Geodon was not successful

5 13.51%
  • Mood Stabilizer: Lamictal, Lithium, Trileptal, Depakote was successful

5 13.51%
  • Mood Stabilizer: Lamictal, Lithium, Trileptal, Depakote was not successful

3 8.11%
  • Anxiolytic: Gabapentin, Lyrica, Buspar was successful

1 2.70%
  • Anxiolytic: Gabapentin, Lyrica, Buspar was not successful

4 10.81%
  • Misc. Antidepressants: Wellbutrin, Remeron, Tricyclic was successful

4 10.81%
  • Misc. Antidepressants: Wellbutrin, Remeron, Tricyclic was not successful

5 13.51%
  • MAOI: Nardil, Parnate was successful

0 0%
  • MAOI: Nardil, Parnate was not successful

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Remedy relief spray, it's a herbal remedy thing which means is safe to use with alcohol and coupled with breathing exercises it means I can go on night outs by regularly taking it (you can take it multiple times a day)without worrying about panicking

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Chloe View Post
    Remedy relief spray, it's a herbal remedy thing which means is safe to use with alcohol and coupled with breathing exercises it means I can go on night outs by regularly taking it (you can take it multiple times a day)without worrying about panicking
    Interesting! Is that aromatherapy?

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It comes in spray form that you squirt in your mouth twice or tablet form I didn't really look into any other form I just wanted a quick convenient one that I could take on the sky without my friends going oh you have a breath mint can I have one or teachers/colleges saying what are you eating. They may do aromatherapy if not someone should write in with that idea !! Haha

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fluoxetjne has done wonders for me.

Must say it hasnt effected me sexually in any way.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've never been on medication for anxiety before, although I'm considering making an appointment with a psychiatrist soon to discuss it. I've been wary about meds for a while now, but I'm curious about propranolol, since I hear the side-effects are minimal, plus it helps with blushing and other physical symptoms of anxiety, which I'd really like to combat since I'm disgusted at the fact that I turn into a tomato every time I speak...

If anybody has had experience with propranolol, I'm curious. Other suggestions would be great, too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote srschirm View Post
    Yeah, Klonopin's good that way. I've only taken .5mg and 1mg. I've been out of it for months, so I'm thinking of making another appointment to get some more.

The sexual side effects are the worst...
    Zoloft and Paxil both hit me that way. ZERO desire. I felt like I was living the Blink 182 song, "What's My Name Again." Wherein, "And she took off her pants. But then I turned on the TV. And that's about the time that she broke up with me." Etc.

I love Klonopin. It does what it's supposed to do, when it's supposed to do it. But my PCP cut me off (for no reason), so I'm going to have to see psychiatry for a refill. I'm REALLY hoping that he'll go for it. In the past, Lamictal (Lamotrigine) was helpful in treating daytime anxieties, but it didn't do the job when it came time to sleep. That plus the Klonopin kept me steady for a long time, so I'm hoping to restart the cocktail shortly.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote sanspants View Post
    Zoloft and Paxil both hit me that way. ZERO desire. I felt like I was living the Blink 182 song, "What's My Name Again." Wherein, "And she took off her pants. But then I turned on the TV. And that's about the time that she broke up with me." Etc.

I love Klonopin. It does what it's supposed to do, when it's supposed to do it. But my PCP cut me off (for no reason), so I'm going to have to see psychiatry for a refill. I'm REALLY hoping that he'll go for it. In the past, Lamictal (Lamotrigine) was helpful in treating daytime anxieties, but it didn't do the job when it came time to sleep. That plus the Klonopin kept me steady for a long time, so I'm hoping to restart the cocktail shortly.
    I hope you get what you want! Ha, very true about the Zoloft and Paxil effects...it's hard for me to tolerate since I enjoy sex (or at least sexual release) so much. I haven't tried Lamictal, but I'll look it up. Klonopin really does help me. I just take it sparingly, maybe 1-2 times a week.

Have you tried Nardil by chance?
    I love private messages, visitor messages, etc.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote srschirm View Post
    I hope you get what you want! Ha, very true about the Zoloft and Paxil effects...it's hard for me to tolerate since I enjoy sex (or at least sexual release) so much. I haven't tried Lamictal, but I'll look it up. Klonopin really does help me. I just take it sparingly, maybe 1-2 times a week.

Have you tried Nardil by chance?
    No, I haven't tried Nardil. For some reason, MAOIs aren't prescribed often in my area. Anyway, got back on the Lamictal / Klonopin combo and I feel good again

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote sanspants View Post
    No, I haven't tried Nardil. For some reason, MAOIs aren't prescribed often in my area. Anyway, got back on the Lamictal / Klonopin combo and I feel good again
    MAOIs interact with a lot of common medications so they are more of a last resort these days. Yay for meds that work!!

Since I've been switched to Lexapro I've definitely been more anxious. I've noticed that my primary doctor does not seem to know much about SSRIs. I'm getting a new doc ASAP and asking for a stronger SSRI and a benzo (but not Xanax. Hate Xanax).

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Benzos stand out as a real winner at 13 to 1. They'd be the standard first line of treatment if MDs prescribed what worked the best for the largest number of patients with least side effects.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    MAOIs interact with a lot of common medications so they are more of a last resort these days. Yay for meds that work!!
    MAOIs would be used vastly more if both MDs & patients knew the truth about them instead of hysterically exaggerated lies. Look up Lizzy Zion. She's the last person I'm aware of to die from an MAOI-drug interaction (when overworked residents at a NY hospital gave her Demerol which should never be mixed with an MAOI.) That was in 1984, so we have to trace our way back 31 years just to find any example. [Unless you can find a more recent example I'm unaware of.] I'm not aware of anyone dying from a food interaction after the mid-1960s either. There are folks who've been on MAOIs since the 1960s, so I'm guessing a common way to die as an MAOI patient today is of old age.

Don't let exaggerated fears that reach phobic levels stop you from trying MAOI. I used Parnate for just over a year and am now on Nardil. I haven't had to change my diet at all. The list of drugs I can't take is pretty short and includes DXM, Sudafed, MDMA, tramadol & demerol. Infinitely longer is the list of meds which can be safely mixed with an MAOI.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I have been on the ssri merry go round Calexa, Zoloft, Paxil, I am current taking Effexor at 220MG in the morning. 30MG Remeron at night. 6 MG Resperidone at night. 2MG Klonopin at night and 1MG klonopin at night. The klonopin has pooped out. I don't know what to do from here. Ask for an increase of dosage? I have a fear of sounding like a druggie or what not asking for a higher dose. The fact remains I have been on this for years and have a tolerance to it. I don't want to ask and then be yanked from it. I am thinking of going from Resperidone to Zyprexa. For the voices. But I don't know if that would make any difference.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My current combo works wonders so far. Wellbutrin XL 300 MG in the morning, Seroquel 25mg at night and Clonazopam as needed

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm inlove with 2mg Alprazolam (Xanax in US?) it's the only thing that can bring some serenity on my life.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Lexapro 10mg is what works for me (for both depression and GAD). I take klonopin occasionally too (for panic disorder).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.