Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what do you love/hate about the country You're from?

Well I'm from Scotland, so we have to love the snow,rain and wind!

hate - It's too close to England!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nicaragua
    Love: volcanoes and mountains
    Hate: No Air conditioner, poverty, lack of strawberries, apples, and roads

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    USA

Love: I love the landmarks here as well as the nature-y places gorgeous stuff
    Hate: Err... it seems like the most horrible trends start here, whether it be clothing, ways of talking, etc. *shudders* We have some of the strangest folks on earth here...it always has to be here in America for some reason. Not fond at all of this girl who recently became popular for sucking on a tampon soaked in her own period *runs to bathroom to vomit in the toilet*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Ireland

Love: I'll get back to you...

Hate: everyone is so closed minded and I don't get the fascination
    life---> <---me

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote SmileyFace View Post
    USA
    Hate: Err... it seems like the most horrible trends start here, whether it be clothing, ways of talking, etc.
    I love the nature in the US and specifically in the area of the country that I live in. I also love going to Hawaii; there's no other place like it.
    I agree about the worst trends starting here... people tell me that the way I dress is very dated but all the recent fashion trends have been disgusting. I haven't liked the clothes in stores here since about 2012. I also don't like the way people speak in the US. The slang they use is so stupid.
    Quote L View Post
    Hate: everyone is so closed minded and I don't get the fascination
    ^That's how I feel about the United States. Having traveled and lived in Europe, I don't get the fascination with the US or why some European countries are trying to Americanize themselves.
    People paint a picture of the US as being very liberal and progressive, but I find way more conservative and closed-minded people here than I have anywhere else in the world.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The good thing is that the country is large so you have many different climates to choose from. You can be hot and humid all year in Miami, freeze all year in Alaska, live in a desert in Arizona, have the 4 seasons in much of the north-east and mid-west, or a moderate climate on the west coast. In many smaller countries you don't really have such options.

Americans are more chill and friendly than many other nationalities. I stayed at this one youth hostel for a month in South America and met many different European nationalities. They are interesting but definitely much colder and tend to keep their distance. Most of the Americans/Canadians/Australians would ask me to hang out to go somewhere in town right off the bat. Not so much with the British, French, Germans, and Scandinavians. There is also a vague sort of hostility because they hate American politics. I don't disagree with them but I could feel the bad vibes.

I do like the Dutch though. They are goofy and pretty relaxed. All so tall and skinny, like daddy long legs (spiders).

There are tons of things messed about the US. Basically it all boils down to government corruption and lots of dumb, uneducated, religious types living in rural and suburban America, especially the mid-west and the south. My theory is that the religious nut jobs and ultra poor that immigrated from Europe brought with them some genetic disposition towards being religious, conservative, and black and white thinking. Europe benefited from this since they got rid of a huge crappy gene pool.

So we don't have universal health care because the health insurance companies are giving money to the politicians. Guns are legal. Prisons are privatized, wasting huge amounts of taxpayers money putting away nonviolent criminals and destroying lives for no reason. Huge amounts of taxpayers' money is being wasted on the military, so that we can get more oil and a few companies are making tons of money off the wars in the middle-east. Never mind all the people that have been killed because of this crap. No paid maternity/paternity leave. Employers can drug test you.

I'll remember more later. I'd like to move to Australia. Getting a working visa is next to impossible though.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Australia

Love:
    - Vast expanse of nature because the land is mostly empty of cities and towns. Lots of clean beaches. Wild, exotic atmosphere.
    - Variable climate depending on location, but doesn't get that cold by international standards, and only really snows in elevated areas (I don't like snow).
    - Scores well on pretty much all quality of life indices.

Hate:
    - Limited access to a lot of brands and products. Products are overpriced compared to overseas.
    - Too many cashed up bogans that are well integrated, so it doesn't take long before you're forced to mingle with them.
    - A hassle to travel to other countries because aside from NZ, bits of South East Asia, and some Pacific islands, everything is pretty far.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    Australia

Love:
    - Vast expanse of nature because the land is mostly empty of cities and towns. Lots of clean beaches. Wild, exotic atmosphere.
    - Variable climate depending on location, but doesn't get that cold by international standards, and only really snows in elevated areas (I don't like snow).
    - Scores well on pretty much all quality of life indices.

Hate:
    - Limited access to a lot of brands and products. Products are overpriced compared to overseas.
    - Too many cashed up bogans that are well integrated, so it doesn't take long before you're forced to mingle with them.
    - A hassle to travel to other countries because aside from NZ, bits of South East Asia, and some Pacific islands, everything is pretty far.

Yeah, going to Asia or LA isn't so bad. To New York or Europe, OMG!!! 24 hours to get to Europe from Sydney!! I thought South America wouldn't take so long from Australia since they are both in the Southern Hemisphere but it says 23 hours also.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Australia

I love the fair-go mindset and the universal health care.
    I hate the heat, much prefer cold snowy weather.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote SmileyFace View Post
    USA

Hate: Err... it seems like the most horrible trends start here, whether it be clothing, ways of talking, etc. *shudders* We have some of the strangest folks on earth here...it always has to be here in America for some reason. Not fond at all of this girl who recently became popular for sucking on a tampon soaked in her own period *runs to bathroom to vomit in the toilet*
    Ewww.....

There is nothing else to say.

Seriously though. What is with this celebrate your period trend? So period blood is a naturally bodilly substance. So what? I don't want anything to do with your poop, vomit, pee, snot, earwax or sweat either. That stuff is disgusting, I don't care if it's a natural bodily substance.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    UK then.

Love -
    Free health care.
    Landscape is gorgeous. Nothing quite like wandering through the Scottish Highlands, or finding a secluded Cornish beach. A lot of people don't bother to go beyond London when they visit here, and miss it.
    Fish and chips. And pretty much anything else that comes from those shops that seems to be deep fried in enough batter to clog up a few arteries (but it tastes nice).
    Tea and crumpets.
    The strange, sarcastic sense of humour we have.

Hate
    The fact that I have to pay for a TV license in order to watch TV, or go to court.
    The fact that I have to pay for a TV license in order to watch catch up TV services on the Internet, or go to court.
    The amount of pricks here thay believe that they are entitled to something simply for being born here, but who otherwise contribute [BEEP] all to the country in the form of taxes, because they would much rather sit in the house provided for them by those who us do pay tax all day and watch the Jeremy Kyle show, whilst whining about those "bloody immigrants".
    How expensive trains are.
    The fact that the people driving the trains are always on strike for some reason or the other.
    Those bloody kebabs with that acid stuff/chilli sauce that seem to be compulsory to eat when your drunk.and leave a pub at midnight.
    Mushy peas. Because normal peas weren't easy enough to swallow, apparently.
    Boiled cabbage. Because food must be flavourless.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote HoldTheSea View Post
    I love the nature in the US and specifically in the area of the country that I live in. I also love going to Hawaii; there's no other place like it.
    I agree about the worst trends starting here... people tell me that the way I dress is very dated but all the recent fashion trends have been disgusting. I haven't liked the clothes in stores here since about 2012. I also don't like the way people speak in the US. The slang they use is so stupid.
    I think the way I dress is also "dated" but I don't care. I think the kind of clothes I'm into are comfortable and tasteful for me. Yet, another sign that I am getting old

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Ewww.....

There is nothing else to say.

Seriously though. What is with this celebrate your period trend? So period blood is a naturally bodilly substance. So what? I don't want anything to do with your poop, vomit, pee, snot, earwax or sweat either. That stuff is disgusting, I don't care if it's a natural bodily substance.

Are you referring to the whole... don't be ashamed to talk about your periods? Even as a female, I find it a bit annoying myself. Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't quite cringe over the thought of a woman having a period, because that's just how our bodies work. But to celebrate it in full force and shoving the thought into other people's faces... meh.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I love the USA I really do but I do not always like what the Government decides to do with the Taxpayers money.
    I do see on Tv or also what people tell me about where they live over seas just amazes me that some places you can not get some of the things they really need or could use and such broken down countries and the fighting I would be more scared than I am now. I wish there were no more wars ever!!

I always thought I wanted to go someplace over seas but I do not fly and being a ship probably would make me throw up due to motion sickness but I thought Australia , Africa , Brazil would be some great places but the more I see I am not so sure.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was born and raised in the good old USA, and there is a lot to love about this country. It really is like 50 countries in one, each with their own flavor, and you don't need a passport to travel the 50 States. We are bordered by the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and the Gulf of Mexico too, so take your pick. We have the Rocky Mountains as well as the Grand Canyon, all beautiful. I live on the Gulf Coast, just South of Mobile, Alabama. Airplane pilots refer to Mobile as the "City of Trees", because we have so many live and water oaks, many of them over 100 years old. So sweet that I can jump on my motorcycle and go anywhere I want to on the open roads that cover America.

As for hate, I am 63 years old and have no room for hate in any aspect of my life. I have found that hating anything causes more harm to me than whatever I am hating, so I just blow it off...

The very best to all of you, wherever you live!... Chuck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.