Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not caring helps :)

nothing really bothers me since i have started genuinely not caring about problems. problems and therefore anxiety will always come, i have a near term and a long term goal now that i am focused on so with that, i can deal with problems and anxiety better .

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: not caring helps :)

i used to be occupied with lots of random negative thoughts because of simple things like interacting the wrong way with people. the problem was i never had focus on anything. i took some time away from everything. then i made a near term and long term goal. and now little things that used to make me feel bad do not because i do not care about it. i am focused on other things. i am not depressed, i just can't care about problems that have nothing to do with my goals, because well its not what i am focusing on.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, the importance of goals! I think you are dealing with this in a right way, plainstud.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

With practice and getting to know the other person, it helps a lot.

I have been tested with the people who work in my cafeteria at work. The guy who works there talks about all kinds of stuff - some of it makes me feel uncomfortable (content). If he was on SAS, I would give him a warning for language. Anyway, I always fear that somebody will have heard him say something to me and then report me....when I didn't say ANYTHING!

It hasn't happened yet, but it always caused me anxiety......it's lessening now, though.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How have you been able to turn off your caring? I would love to learn how to do that for many reasons. If I could stop caring then maybe my worry and anxiety will at least slow down if not go away...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sometimes when I feel I cannot take it any longer (whatever the situation), I just "shut down" ~~~ It's like a coping mechanism for me to be able to pull through, by just ignoring the world for a few minutes / days...

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.