Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Can Greenland Be Saved? (stunning vid)

I don;t understand those who say climate change is a "hoax" Climate change is a fact. weather humans have an impact on that or how much they impact it can be debatable. But the climate changes weather were here or not.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The calving event lasted for 75 minutes and the glacier retreated a full mile across a calving face three miles wide. The height of the ice is about 3,000 feet, 300-400 feet above water and the rest below water."

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^^^^o.o

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I recently saw the amount of ice change on a map of Greenland and was stunned. Yep, the temperature is definitely different to melt that much ice. I don't know enough about science to make any claims (that sound intelligent). I just wonder if things like cars, city heat, so many people and other such civilization is part of the warming trend. I know that it's always warmer in the metroplex here than it is more north where my daughter lives (40 minutes north of me) and much colder at my son's college which is about 50 minutes north (away from the city so much)
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Monotony's Avatar Undisputed Supreme Ruler of the Universe
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I recently saw the amount of ice change on a map of Greenland and was stunned. Yep, the temperature is definitely different to melt that much ice. I don't know enough about science to make any claims (that sound intelligent). I just wonder if things like cars, city heat, so many people and other such civilization is part of the warming trend. I know that it's always warmer in the metroplex here than it is more north where my daughter lives (40 minutes north of me) and much colder at my son's college which is about 50 minutes north (away from the city so much)
    It would certainly help the warming but even without it it would still gradually get warmer. For there to have been multiple ice ages it would of had to get warmer at some point. The Human species survived the last Ice Age with the most basic tools available if we cant survive the earth getting warmer with all our modern technology well then I guess that's just too bad.

Hell same things happened in the last 2000 thousand years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

I find the theory that increased periods of solar activity are responsible far more likely then it being caused by humans in the last 200 years.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.