Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe its a rhythm

when i stay by myself for too long or stay away from the public then i feel the social anxiety more. but when i get into a rhythm and go and interact and be with the public more man i feel great i have no social anxiety what so ever....guess its all a rhythm.

Dan's Avatar DENTAL PLAN
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: maybe its a rhythm

Yeah, giving yourself too long to reflect about the concerns of social interaction is bound to build up barriers in your own head. Consistent interactions in a safe environment can be extremely helpful.
    "I think like a genius, I write like a distinguished author, and I speak like a child."

- Vladimir Nabokov.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is exactly what I have observed about myself too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the same problem. If I "hole up" for more than a couple of days, it's like stimulation overload when I interact with the public again. If I go longer, I find it difficult to even make conversation -- it seems almost unnatural.

Gives more credence to the adage "if you don't use it, you lose it," I suppose.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That's definitely the case for anyone. I once knew a lady who was very good socially. Then she got lung cancer and spent most of her time indoors. She didn't have any form of social anxiety, but she had eventually developed such because she was in so long that she kinda 'forgot' her social skills and 'got rusty'.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Makes since that you'd lose it if you dont use it...Hope I can eventually get out of my rutt and get back out there again...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is exactly what happens to me when I get out of a routine I begin to think of what can go wrong because it's become an unknown again. I start to think of what went wrong a few times before instead of the all the times things went right.

This happens a lot if I haven't been out with friends or haven't seen friends in a while I get really nervous about meeting them again. I always explain sorry if I'm really weird, shy and nervous at the beginning of the night because of my SA, they're usually always understanding about it!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's good that they at least understand and are so sweet about it...I have stayed in doors for about a year and a half now so I am working on getting back out there...baby steps and one day at a time but I WILL get there eventually, I'm sure of it

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Vert1go
    That's good that they at least understand and are so sweet about it...I have stayed in doors for about a year and a half now so I am working on getting back out there...baby steps and one day at a time but I WILL get there eventually, I'm sure of it

It always baby steps You will get there eventually, the fact that you want to and have the courage to try and step outside your front door is the first thing in combating social anxiety!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.