kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bizarre Behavior of Missing Tourist

I'm really bothered from a video of a woman who went missing. According to her family, she did not have any recognizable mental illnesses, but the video might show otherwise.

The Huffington Post (2/14/13)
    "Elisa Lam, the Vancouver woman who disappeared in Los Angeles on Jan. 31, is seen acting strangely in new video released by police on Thursday... The troubling video appears to be from a surveillance camera in a hotel elevator. Lam is seen pushing several buttons in the elevator, peering into the hallway and looking agitated. She leaves the elevator and then returns a few times."

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why did the elevator take so long to close?

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Coffee View Post
    Why did the elevator take so long to close?
    She might've had to hit the "close" button, but it looks like she's hit all the floors instead. Its really disturbing at 2:00 when she's waving her hands in circles in midair like there's something there!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Her stereotypic movements seem consistent with schizophrenia, but it's hard to say whats going on.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Travelling alone can be very stressful due to isolation, and pressure on yourself to keep hypervigilant / take care of your possessions etc etc. Perhaps she had a psychotic break. To me she doesn't look like she's drug affected, just disorganised and bizarre in her behaviour. Poor thing, I hope they find her asap.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope they find her, too, but I'm guessing by her behavior that she does have a mental illness. Probably schizophrenia or bipolar.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.