Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doing it all backwards...

Hello,

I am a single mother of two girls going through a rough time with anxiety. I am fairly new to the anxiety party and how I got here is rather backwards. I never really dealt with anxiety other than the normal, wow, this is tough stuff I am feeling anxious. Or I have a big test or job interview in the morning, I am a bit anxious. But it was always the functional, good kind. I had tough things happen in life and never had a panic attack. Then things changed...drastically.

I have a long complicated story, but basically I was given benzos post op. Then again and again for drug side effects. I kept being told I had GAD and panic disorder but what I had was normal med side effects that no Dr put together. Well I ended up having to taper myself off Klonopin and I found out what anxiety and panic really felt like. I am one of the lucky few that has protracted benzo withdrawal. One of the worst things it has given me is anxiety. I had my first panic attack about a week after getting off Klonopin and it was like it opened pandora's box.

I have a lot of stress in my life now. Which is I am sure adding to things. At this point I do not know if my anxiety is still benzo withdrawal, which some tell me it certainly is. Or if it is an anxiety disorder or PTSD, both of which I have since been diagnosed with since being on benzos. So that's why I am all backwards. I didn't have anxiety until I was given and anti-anxiety med.

At any rate, I am trying to deal with the anxiety in the best med free ways I can. I am doing whatever I can to get past this. My heart goes out to those of you that have suffered with this for years. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Any and all support will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Maribella

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forums, Maribella! =]

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Hello, Maribella!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Welcome, Maribella

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome Maribella, it was good to know your story and I'm sure you can relate to many of us on this site!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forums!

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Welcome!!!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.