Thread: pregablin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pregablin

hi guys i have been on 2x25mg of pregablin for 1 month today.i am really happy to say that they have just started to work for me.i even went to london on saturday to the cruise show.even managed to go on 3 tubes there and 3 back.when this show was booked in october last year i had no problem in looking forward to going.but all that changed on new years day when i had the biggest panic attack of my 30 years of having them.it lasted for over 3 hours and even had the paramedics out,who monitored me for a hour and only left me when i was happy for them to leave me.i had tried 3 other pills before i was put on these.is there anyone else taking these pills if so what dose are you on.thanks for reading guys.xx
    jean x

things always happen for a reason,but we donot always agree.x

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thats really positive that such a low dose is working for you. I have found it more effective than it's little brother gabapentin. Which requires higher doses and is notorious for building tolerance pretty quickly.
    Here is a fact sheet on pregabalin:]
    http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00230

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems to be a good medication for anxiety with additional benefits in improving sleep architecture.

Pregabalin enhances nonrapid eye movement sleep.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to use my post from another thread. I just wrote on the gabapentin to pregabalin switch. It mostly contains info and studies on Lyrica.
    There is a kick [BEEP] paper at the end. Which I provide a link to about current pharmacological perspectives on anxiety disorder and where the f*ck we are going. It could be a thread starter by itself!

Used both, I would say it was almost a 2-1 potency for myself. Lyrica is not dosed nearly as high with people going up to 1800 mg a day for anxiety with gabapentin. Where as lyrica has anxiolytic effects at anywhere from 150–600 mg/day in 2–3 doses.

So this talks about pregabalin and gabapentin . Lyrica being the big brother to Neurontin The calcium channel class of anticonvulsants.
    Tolerance seems to build much quicker with gabapentin. My only drawback with pregabalin is it made me want to eat myself out of house and home. My appetite was insatiable and I have pretty strong willpower. Not all people experience this, and there does seem to be at least some dose dependency. But it happens often enough that people should pay close attention to their nutrition.

Quote:
    Pregabalin for the Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
    Terri M Wensel, PharmD BCPS, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
    McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Samford University, Birmingham, AL
    Krystal W Powe, PharmD, Staff Pharmacist
    Wal-Mart, Birmingham
    Marshall E Cates, PharmD BCPP FASHP⇓, Professor of Pharmacy Practice
    McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Samford University
    Correspondence:
    Dr. Cates, mecates@samford.edu
    Abstract

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of pregabalin in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).

DATA SOURCES: A search of PubMed (1966-December 2011) and International Pharmaceutical Abstracts (1970-December 2011) was conducted using the MeSH and free-text terms pregabalin, anxiety disorders, and anxiety.

STUDY SELECTION AND DATA EXTRACTION: All English-language articles identified through the search were evaluated for inclusion. Only randomized controlled trials involving the use of pregabalin for the treatment of GAD were included in the review.

DATA SYNTHESIS: Eight published trials were identified through the search strategy. Successful treatment of GAD with pregabalin versus placebo and active comparators has been reported in clinical trials. Pregabalin lowered total Hamilton Rating Scale for Anxiety scores within 1 week and was effective against both somatic and psychic subcomponents. In 1 controlled clinical trial, pregabalin was found to be effective in patients aged 65 years and older. Another trial demonstrated improved relapse rates when pregabalin, compared with placebo, was used for up to 6 months. The most commonly experienced adverse events were somnolence, dizziness, headache, and dry mouth.

CONCLUSIONS: Available evidence suggests that pregabalin is effective and well tolerated in the treatment of GAD. As somnolence and dizziness are common adverse effects, caution should be used in elderly patients. Pregabalin rapidly relieves anxiety, a benefit that it may have over many other currently available therapeutic options besides benzodiazepines. While not a first-line therapy in GAD, pregabalin offers another treatment option in patients who do not respond to or who suffer intolerable adverse effects from other agents.

Quote:
    Pharmacopsychiatry. 2012 Mar;45(2):51-6. doi: 10.1055/s-0031-1291176. Epub 2011 Nov 15.
    Pregabalin: dose-response relationship in generalized anxiety disorder.
    Boschen MJ.
    Source
    School of Psychology and Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Southport, Queensland, Australia. m.boschen@griffi th.edu.au
    Abstract
    INTRODUCTION:
    Pregabalin is a structural analogue of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. Although pregabalin has demonstrated efficacy in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) in a number of randomized controlled trials, there is little published data on the optimal dose for treating this condition. The objective of the current study was to examine the dose-response relationship for treatment of GAD with pregabalin.

METHOD:
    The current study pools results from previous fixed-dose treatment trials of GAD with pregabalin and uses curve-fitting statistical procedures to generate curvilinear regression lines as a synthesis of previous dose-response information.

RESULTS:
    Peak reduction in anxiety symptoms was observed to occur at a dose of approximately 450 mg/day, with a small reduction in treatment effect beyond this dose. Treatment effect on psychic anxiety symptoms reached a peak at approximately 400 mg, with a reduction in efficacy beyond this dose. Somatic anxiety symptoms showed continued increase in therapeutic effect up to the maximum dose of 600 mg/day.

Manuscript on current pharmacological treatments for anxiety and WTF we are heading:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3539724/

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.