Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that that doesn't kill you... turns you slowly insane

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think there's some truth in it for me personally. I believe overcoming my heroin addiction has made me less susceptible to substance abuse than someone with no history of using drugs at all. I've also learned some pretty harsh yet good lessons regarding society and life in general. I feel more connected to my own feelings now than i ever did, and i think that's a good thing and has made me stronger.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote grimmnaux View Post
    Yes, I believe in the saying. Obviously the saying cannot be applied to physical problems. Example: you might survive a heart-attack but definitely wouldn't be as physically strong as you were. The saying can be applied to the mental experiences you have, the situations you tackle in life, no matter how hard/embarrassing they are. Speaking for myself, every new experience I've had in life has taught me something. A particular experience made me better equipped mentally to tackle the same problem if it presents itself again. And as long as you're alive, you always have another chance.
    This quote can apply to physical problems. Pain is only temporary. Certain physical conditions can help a person have a sense of humility.

This quote is definitely true. I was in a depressed state for about 2 years. Now that I'm finally over it, I feel better than I ever felt in my life. My anxiety has greatly reduced because after that recovery.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's one of the quotes I dislike the most. It does not apply to all situations. There are some problems and experiences that may not kill you but will stunt your growth. They can leave you scarred and changed for the worse.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whether or not this quote is true definitely depends on what the problem was.. everyone responds differently to challenges in their life. Some challenges stunt your growth as Arcadia said, but other challenges people can learn from, gain experience from and thus it matures them and makes them stronger emotionally and mentally. I'd say I experienced both kinds. For example, all the social rejection and isolation I experienced in my school years definitely didn't help me, it made me worse and developed AvPD. Whereas dealing with my Bipolar mood episodes and surviving them, proved to give me more experience with it, and now I can control my thoughts and emotions much better, I learned from my past in that scenario. It's not a statement that is true for every person or every situation - there's simply too many factors that are involved that affect one's response to challenges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.