• It depends

7 38.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    I don't know.

Are we entitled to be mentally healthy? Because part of Maslow's Pyramid includes love, sex, and relationships at the very bottom, and once you achieve those you achieve self realization.

It really depends on whether or not you are entitled to be miserable, or to feel like you are something.
    No, I don't think so. That's not an entitlement. It might be something you deserve because you work for it, but you aren't entitled to mental health automatically. Who would even give you that? With Maslow's hierarchy of needs - you have to work through those things in each stage. No one just gives them to you because you are entitled to it. You are entitled to medical treatment for mental health, though. And I strongly believe that we aren't 'entitled' to receive love. Deserving is different though.

I guess I'm alone here in thinking most things after basic rights are privileges and need to be earned haha.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, a lot of people never feel loved, and commit suicide. If they had been loved, maybe they would have had a chance?

I just feel everyone deserves to feel loved. It's the people that don't, that end up committing crimes and going to jail.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, a lot of people never feel loved, and commit suicide. If they had been loved, maybe they would have had a chance?

I just feel everyone deserves to feel loved. It's the people that don't, that end up committing crimes and going to jail.
    Deserving is different to being entitled though. Someone might deserve to be loved because they are a good person, but that doesn't mean someone owes them love or they should automatically get it just because. It might be different for children though -they should be entitled to love from their caregivers, but in this case I'm talking about romantic love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is why I don't believe in romance or that love even exists.

I've been a hopeless romantic for all of my life, and it has gotten me nowhere. Love is basically a chemical reaction that two people go through, who are attractive. Ugly people don't get love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I've been a hopeless romantic for all of my life, and it has gotten me nowhere. Love is basically a chemical reaction that two people go through, who are attractive attracted to each other.
    Fixed it for you. Attraction is subjective, who you find attractive might not be same for me. This is the same with females, what one girl finds attractive will not be the same for another girl. That is fine, because we are all different. So, hold on to your hopeless romantic side and go find your girl, because I'm willing to bet she is looking for you.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The world doesn't owe you anything, it was here first! =)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    at the very minimum good beer and a decent internet connection

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've changed what I believe.

Anyway, we are all guaranteed to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness under the US Constitution. Some people are miserable, but you also have the right to be miserable.

I suppose nobody is entitled to feel loved, but they deserve it. And people certainly deserve to have warm and safe places to sleep and live.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Noca View Post
    I have to say, I agree with this. None of us are "entitled" to anything. It sucks but its the truth.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    People should get what they give. Or owe what they take.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Noca View Post
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I have to say, I agree with this. None of us are "entitled" to anything. It sucks but its the truth.
    With the same reasoning, one could argue that you don't owe anything to the world.
    After all, you never chose to be born into it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You owe the world to treat people with respect and kindness, and to be a good person.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The problem with the "level playing field" argument is that the system always penalizes the "rich" person to "help" the poor person. To hold one person back in order to boost another person (which never works) is not fairness no matter how many times the president says it. You are born how you are born that is life...The rest, everyone has an equal shot to reap what they sow in life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.