Page 86 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2052
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    Guilty. My parents got me something expensive for Christmas and I don't like it. I wish I could return or exchange it but I can't ask for a receipt!

Oh dam, what is it. I'm always afraid of spending large amounts of money on people for this reason
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm choosing to skip Christmas eve and day with my kids and just having them over the Saturday after. So I'll be around those two days.

Why did you choose this, out of interest only
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Why did you choose this, out of interest only
    My kids are all grown with their own families and they live 2 - 4 hours away. Last Christmas I was at my daughter's house on Christmas morning and I've done that several times. I wanted to give them a chance to let my ex go if he wanted. Also, my son will be with his fiancee's family. I would rather have them all at one time, so the Sat after worked best for everyone.

But since I wrote that, my son who just graduated told me he was coming to my house this week to spend several days with me. So he'll be here for Christmas.

I have lived through enough Christmases to know that it's not the end of the world if everyone isn't together on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. It really is just a day and it can be celebrated on whatever day you want.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My kids are all grown with their own families and they live 2 - 4 hours away. Last Christmas I was at my daughter's house on Christmas morning and I've done that several times. I wanted to give them a chance to let my ex go if he wanted. Also, my son will be with his fiancee's family. I would rather have them all at one time, so the Sat after worked best for everyone.

But since I wrote that, my son who just graduated told me he was coming to my house this week to spend several days with me. So he'll be here for Christmas.

I have lived through enough Christmases to know that it's not the end of the world if everyone isn't together on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. It really is just a day and it can be celebrated on whatever day you want.

Ah, yes I have a better understanding now. The Saturday after will be nice. My family are getting together on the 11th and even ill be home that weekend. I'm 2.5 hours away from home and get to travel on the night after Christmas day for 3 days then back to work for two days then back home where I hope I get to see my boyfriend for new years.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Ah, yes I have a better understanding now. The Saturday after will be nice. My family are getting together on the 11th and even ill be home that weekend. I'm 2.5 hours away from home and get to travel on the night after Christmas day for 3 days then back to work for two days then back home where I hope I get to see my boyfriend for new years.
    The joys of adulthood, huh?

But hey, we make it work with our schedules.

It kinda helps that we don't believe in Santa anymore..............I mean he only works that one night!

You don't believe in Santa do you?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The joys of adulthood, huh?

But hey, we make it work with our schedules.

It kinda helps that we don't believe in Santa anymore..............I mean he only works that one night!

You don't believe in Santa do you?

I'll never have a normal schedule, I'm always missing around the holidays. Of course I believe in Santa, we have a young kid back home, keeps a bit of the magic alive.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Oh dam, what is it. I'm always afraid of spending large amounts of money on people for this reason

It's a small tablet about the size of the new larger iPhone. I think they got it because they knew I've been wanting a tablet, and they were at the phone store a few weeks ago to get my mom a new phone so it was probably an impulse purchase.

Hopefully they got a really good deal on it. It's just like... I have a smartphone, so idk what to do with a tiny tablet.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    I'll never have a normal schedule, I'm always missing around the holidays. Of course I believe in Santa, we have a young kid back home, keeps a bit of the magic alive.
    When I worked a counselor at the detention center, I worked on holidays also. We're open 7 days a week so I get weekends and nights too. But you know what? I love what I do so I just roll with whatever days I have off.

Speaking of Santa.................there's a little 3 year old who lives next door. I asked her mother if I can drop something off to her on Tuesday and tell her that Rudolph left it at my house because he got confused about where she lived. He wanted to bring her a little something extra before Santa came because she was especially nice this year.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    When I worked a counselor at the detention center, I worked on holidays also. We're open 7 days a week so I get weekends and nights too. But you know what? I love what I do so I just roll with whatever days I have off.

Speaking of Santa.................there's a little 3 year old who lives next door. I asked her mother if I can drop something off to her on Tuesday and tell her that Rudolph left it at my house because he got confused about where she lived. He wanted to bring her a little something extra before Santa came because she was especially nice this year.

I love working Christmas, I like being able to make the day special for someone who has no one else. its just that at the end of the day I was still able to go home and mammy had dinner for me, ill miss that then the day after id spend with my boyfriends family.

Aw that is the sweetest thing ever, I cant wait until my niece is old enough to take in what is going on. I want to spoil her, Christmas is wonderful for kids.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post

It's a small tablet about the size of the new larger iPhone. I think they got it because they knew I've been wanting a tablet, and they were at the phone store a few weeks ago to get my mom a new phone so it was probably an impulse purchase.

Hopefully they got a really good deal on it. It's just like... I have a smartphone, so idk what to do with a tiny tablet.

Dam, I see what you mean.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Didn't get home until midnight, have to work today. Zombie mode engage.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Breakfast roll after night shift yumyumyum
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I started my day sad. I made a video of my cat Gumbeaux and cried while making it. Then I watched it and cried.

That made me feel better. I was pretty content the rest of the day.

I still miss Gumbeaux, but unfortunately death is part of life.

My mother's best friend, Ms Marion died on Friday. I miss Ms Marion also. I talked with my mother for about 3 hours today.

Ok. Maybe the way I feel right now is numb?

Or sad?

Actually, I have no clue how I feel

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I started my day sad. I made a video of my cat Gumbeaux and cried while making it. Then I watched it and cried.

That made me feel better. I was pretty content the rest of the day.

I still miss Gumbeaux, but unfortunately death is part of life.

My mother's best friend, Ms Marion died on Friday. I miss Ms Marion also. I talked with my mother for about 3 hours today.

Ok. Maybe the way I feel right now is numb?

Or sad?

Actually, I have no clue how I feel
    Chanttyyyy
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Chanttyyyy
    my dear friend.

You know what? Who says that online friendship isn't the same as the friends who live in our towns? I woke up sad and a little lonely. I got my coffee and sat down to the computer. Comments will come directly to my email.

When I read what you wrote, it made me feel not so alone and not so sad.

I know we live across the world, but when a friend gives you a hug because they understand your grief, well, isn't that what life's all about? Compassion, comforting others, reaching out.

So thank you, my friend for being there for me this morning.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again. The people here are so compassionate, so kind and so loving. I know we're not as big and busy like other places. But the people who lurk these halls are truly some of the best hearts I've ever known.

Thank you again,

Cindy

Page 86 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 96 136 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.