rachelchloe's Avatar Hopelessly lost
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eating too much?

My way of coping is either eating, sleeping or talking to a friend...(the few I have.) I eat so much, its scary.

In 6th grade I was a size 4/5. Now only 5 years later I am about a size 15. I started gaining weight in high school...mostly. I've been a little chunky all my life but things have been getting worse with my hunger and weight.

My father says its my medicine. I take abilify and zoloft. I used to take prozac and lamtical, also. But I'm just...always hungry. So some of it is obviously my fault.

I'm stuck in a food coma, where all I want to do is eat. In all honesty, I would sneak food late at night because I would get hungry, or because something sounded good. I honestly think I have a problem, but I don't know.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did you ask the docs to help with you this, maybe change the meds? If your always hungry than it sounds like your dad is right.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote rachelchloe View Post
    My way of coping is either eating, sleeping or talking to a friend...(the few I have.) I eat so much, its scary.

In 6th grade I was a size 4/5. Now only 5 years later I am about a size 15. I started gaining weight in high school...mostly. I've been a little chunky all my life but things have been getting worse with my hunger and weight.

My father says its my medicine. I take abilify and zoloft. I used to take prozac and lamtical, also. But I'm just...always hungry. So some of it is obviously my fault.

I'm stuck in a food coma, where all I want to do is eat. In all honesty, I would sneak food late at night because I would get hungry, or because something sounded good. I honestly think I have a problem, but I don't know.
    I know you've been stuck in a food coma, where all you want to do is eat. I know you would sneak food late at night because you would get hungry or because something sounded good. It's okay. It's not your fault. Being hungry is not a person's fault. Being hungry is a natural process. Going to sleep when you're tired is not your fault and neither is feeling hungry.

Talk to your doctor about your medication. Some side effects of some medications do include weight gain. Anti depressants can cause weight gain as can several other drugs. But you are an individual with a unique body chemistry so best bet is to talk things other with your doctor.

One thing I get people to try is this: before eating something, image what it feels like to feel really good about yourself. Spend about five minutes or so doing that. Then if you are still hungry, eat. If it was just a misplaced emotional need then then the exercise will have shown you you can feel good without having to over eat.

But in your case food seems to "sound" good. So, in your case, before you eat, get in touch with what else sounds good. Maybe doing something else other than eating sounds good? Maybe all the positive thoughts you've ever had about yourself repeated in your head sound good? Find out what else sounds good. When you've done that and if you are still hungry, eat. If the hunger has gone, go off and do something else.

A lot of people talk about self control. And yes, willpower has its role to play. But if I'm really angry in a fight then it would take a heck of a lot of willpower to calm me down. Emotional responses trump willpower most of the time and denying yourself things gives those things power over you. Which is not good. Food is just food. Food gives you power not the other way around.

That's just my two cents. Obviously get all this checked out by your doctor and qualified professionals if needs be.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know how it feels, girl.
    Everyday after school I binge and purge. It is sad...and hard. BUT I started the habit to try and lose weight and I can't stop it now- remember no matter how bad you wanna lose weight or even stay the same- DO NOT PURGE.
    Good luck <3

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote takethebiscuit View Post
    I know you've been stuck in a food coma, where all you want to do is eat. I know you would sneak food late at night because you would get hungry or because something sounded good. It's okay. It's not your fault. Being hungry is not a person's fault. Being hungry is a natural process. Going to sleep when you're tired is not your fault and neither is feeling hungry.

Talk to your doctor about your medication. Some side effects of some medications do include weight gain. Anti depressants can cause weight gain as can several other drugs. But you are an individual with a unique body chemistry so best bet is to talk things other with your doctor.

One thing I get people to try is this: before eating something, image what it feels like to feel really good about yourself. Spend about five minutes or so doing that. Then if you are still hungry, eat. If it was just a misplaced emotional need then then the exercise will have shown you you can feel good without having to over eat.

But in your case food seems to "sound" good. So, in your case, before you eat, get in touch with what else sounds good. Maybe doing something else other than eating sounds good? Maybe all the positive thoughts you've ever had about yourself repeated in your head sound good? Find out what else sounds good. When you've done that and if you are still hungry, eat. If the hunger has gone, go off and do something else.

A lot of people talk about self control. And yes, willpower has its role to play. But if I'm really angry in a fight then it would take a heck of a lot of willpower to calm me down. Emotional responses trump willpower most of the time and denying yourself things gives those things power over you. Which is not good. Food is just food. Food gives you power not the other way around.

That's just my two cents. Obviously get all this checked out by your doctor and qualified professionals if needs be.
    This is really good advice!!! Thanks!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are many times I find myself eating too much as well due to my medication. I'm looking into healthy alternatives to snacks to ease the cravings.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.