Crylie's Avatar Anxious Cartoonist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    EnergeticEnergetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My medication is $495 a month

my dad lost his job and never told me i'd be losing my insurance coverage because of it. at the time, i was unemployed and needed to get a job FAST because i could no longer afford my medication out of pocket. unfortunately for me, nothing came fast enough. i'm 3 1/2 months into my job and now eligible for medical coverage--tho that just means i won't be officially covered until August 1st at the earliest. i've been paying out of pocket for my Seroquel ExR 150mg for 3 months now--i make a little less than $400 every two weeks even though i work 30-35 hrs a week (at Starbucks--here in Austin TX it's a low-paying job. when i was in CA u were lucky to get it because of minimum wage being higher there). i'm under so much stress having to borrow money to pay for one bottle of the medication i desperately need because my meds cost more than my paycheck...

on top of that, i'm also on Lamictal which is $85 out of pocket/without insurance.

i've been so angry for so long at how this country deals with medical treatment. i lose sleep at night.

Pathos is a girl's best friend!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Jesus. You guys over there have pricey medication. :/

Okay I'm in another country so I don't know much, but I know some guys in the states get meds cheaper by filling the prescription in Canada (apparently there's a way of doing this online and somehow they check if have a legitimate prescription or yhe other, I don't know.)

Another way of getting them cheaper is by seeing if you can go generic, which usually depends on what's on the prescription. General rule of thumb is that if the script says the generic name (quetiapine I think is the generic name for seroquel) you can get either the generic or the branded version of the medication. If the script has the branded name (Ie, says seroquel) you can't get the generic. But the rules may be different in the US.

Or you could see if you doctor is willing to give you "free samples" until you're covered in August. Supposedly some are nice like that.

I'm sorry you're in this situation though. Hugs.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm sorry you're in this situation. It is really awful the way you are getting treated, I still can't believe how messed up the healthcare system is over there Hopefully the workarounds @Otherside suggested helps, and I have a lot of if you need them.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.