Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Expensive meds?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote rachelchloe View Post
    Does anyone else have to pay a lot for their antidepressants?

I feel bad, cause my meds are around 300-400$ for a couple month supply. I'm talking about abilify.
    under 22,00

If you make around under $22,000 a yr, then you will qualify for free meds or discounted meds from the Partnership for Prescription Assistance program. I am getting Abilify, Wellbutrin X.L. and Lamictal for free.
    http://www.pparx.org/
    1-888-477-2669

Also, not generics but brand name, by original pharma. company that has the patent on most!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote metamorphosis View Post
    If you make around under $22,000 a yr, then you will qualify for free meds or discounted meds from the Partnership for Prescription Assistance program.
    Every drug company has different limits. Merck has a limit of $44,680, for example for a family of one. I know as I recently filled out their very simple form to get free Saphris, a pill that would otherwise cost $11 a day. Merck doesn't even ask for any documentation of income, just having me put down a number and trusting me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am getting Abilify, Wellbutrin X.L. and Lamictal for free.
    I'm quite surprised you can get Wellbutrin XL for free given that it's been generic for a number of years now. Normally drug companies stop giving away stuff once it goes generic.

I see that if you had to buy the generic version it would cost a bit over $75 for a 90-day supply, so free is still a nifty advantage when even generic would be $300 a year.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote UltraShy View Post
    I'm quite surprised you can get Wellbutrin XL for free given that it's been generic for a number of years now. Normally drug companies stop giving away stuff once it goes generic.

I see that if you had to buy the generic version it would cost a bit over $75 for a 90-day supply, so free is still a nifty advantage when even generic would be $300 a year.
    Yeah, Wellbutrin Xl. is now through Valeant P.A.P. program

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember the drug called Emend going for $75 for a single pill, or Actiq going for upwards of $8000 a box. Now that is what you call price gauging!

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote kc1895 View Post
    I've been taking an SSRI called Luvox CR for a few years now. So far its the only medication thats worked for me, but there is no generic. Since theres virtually no insurance coverage for a brand name drug, it costs me $100 for a month's supply. Even with the $50 coupon from Jazz Pharmaceuticals, my copay is still $50/month. Before this drug, I was taking other SSRI's that were less effective for me including Prozac, Paxil, Klonopin, and what-have-you. The generics all cost around $5-$20 a month with insurance. Because of the patent on Luvox CR which will not expire until 2020, other pharms cannot reproduce the drug.

If they are waiting for more research and outcome on the drug before it becomes a generic, mind you this drug was introduced into the US in 1994 and already approved by the FDA. They might eventually observe a drug company homocide report as a side effect slapped on their fat, grimey, pharmaceutical asses. It disturbs me how those pharmaceutical bastards are ripping off the mentally ill so freely. It is always profits before people: No pay, no way. There is no way of justifying how drugs can cost more than $200 for a month's supply, when the same generic drug costs ten-folds less than that. It obviously does not take that much to produce a bottle. With $7 a pill, you might as well wear them around your neck like jewelry and trade them like a hot commodity.

Their greed is slowly bankrupting the overly burdened American economy. Pharmaceutical companies in the future will no doubt go bankrupt when their exaggerated profits no longer match their salaries and lavish expenditures. Unfortunately, the evils of this industry is deeply concealed under the broken health care system, unlike the boastful swindlers of the major oil companies making record profits during a recession, their agenda is well hidden.

Call me an ignorant commie, which I am not, but seeing the enormous amount of profit they're making and the amount of productivity that gets put back into society, and you can see that something is greatly disturbing. I'm not even going into the argument of over-drugging the population as "Prozac Nation" documentary would explain to you, but the burden of cost it puts on those in need. Shit.
    Just an update from my previous post, my psychiatrist said that they're now producing Luvox CR generic. They must've received a lot of feedback from consumers. I hope it is the exact same drug with the same effectiveness. Anyhow, I've been getting my prescription at a higher dose and splitting my pills into empty capsules. For every two pills 150mg, I've been able to produce 3 pills at 100mg each. The lower dose is better for me with lower side effects. And of course I've been saving a lot of money since the higher dose costs the same as the lower one. I would recommend anybody trying to save money to try that. It is also much easier with tablets and a pill cutter.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for the information. It might come in handy to me soon.
    under 22,00

If you make around under $22,000 a yr, then you will qualify for free meds or discounted meds from the Partnership for Prescription Assistance program. I am getting Abilify, Wellbutrin X.L. and Lamictal for free.
    http://www.pparx.org/
    1-888-477-2669

Also, not generics but brand name, by original pharma. company that has the patent on most!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.