kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Books to Improve Self-Esteem?

Does anyone know some good books on improving self-esteem or confidence? I've read books focused on SA and public speaking, but I haven't read books specifically on self image. If anyone has recommendations, please post! Ebooks would be nice too... for purchase of course and not download freely

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden. It's kind of old, but it helped me a lot!

And possibly Learned Optimism by Martin Seligman. Another old one, but it teaches you how to have a genuine & realistic positive attitude. Seligman is the "learned helplessness in dogs" guy. The book goes beyond that and applies it to life. Also will help with depression. This was easy and fun to read, imo anyway.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote pam View Post
    Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden. It's kind of old, but it helped me a lot!

And possibly Learned Optimism by Martin Seligman. Another old one, but it teaches you how to have a genuine & realistic positive attitude. Seligman is the "learned helplessness in dogs" guy. The book goes beyond that and applies it to life. Also will help with depression. This was easy and fun to read, imo anyway.
    Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden, thats one of my picks also.Actually all of his books are good and very helpful.
    The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund Bourne is invaluable.
    http://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Phobia...hobia+workbook

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.