Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Coffee and general health

Okay, so I drink a lot of coffee. Some might argue too much, but I have had about 3-4 cups today so far, and generally I drink around 7-8 cups per day.

I drink it black most of the time, but occasionally I will put creamer in it. When I do, I generally feel sluggish and tired...when I drink it black, I feel alert and more awake and better able to concentrate.

What are the health benefits and risks to drinking coffee? Does anybody have any good stories they can share?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm..i read coffee drinkers are less likely to get type 2 diabetes, some cancers, and parkinson's. I smell BS though. Not sure about the risks of drinking it...high blood pressure, anxiety.. ?
    That's weird about your creamer experience, never heard of anything like that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, I believe that black coffee can have some health benefits. So I don't think it's BS.

The creamer, I think, is because of the sugar. Which makes me worry about diabetes.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quitting coffee helped reduce my anxiety. It helped a lot actually. That's all I really know on the subject.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    People who depend on coffee to feel normal have other issues. Maybe sleep deprived or lethargic due to poor diet or other health reasons. I don't know why you drink it but if it's to make yourself more alert then look into why you don't feel alert normally. And from what I understand you don't need to drink much black coffee to get the health benefits. If you are addicted it's probably best to cut it down because you'll feel better in the long run on a lower dose.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I drink coffee it can make my anxiety worse. I prefer to listen to my body and have a nap. I feel a lot more energetic when I wake, even if it is a short half-hour nap.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I have been diagnosed with ADHD, but can't take the medication, because it always sends me into a panic attack.

My doctor recommended that I try coffee instead, and it has been a lifesaver. I am able to concentrate on schoolwork, and retain information, and I don't have the debilitating panic attacks...that is, unless I drink a lot more coffee than I usually drink (and that is rare.)

3-4 cups usually is what I drink, on a normal day, and I sometimes drink up to 8 cups if I'm craving it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's the protein in the coffee creamer that causes lethargy, milk has same effect. Only when its warm or hot though

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Coffee is one of the coolest members of this forum!!!! She provides many health benefits and the only risk is that you might die from awesomeness overload when you meet her

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote MrQuiet76 View Post
    Coffee is one of the coolest members of this forum!!!! She provides many health benefits and the only risk is that you might die from awesomeness overload when you meet her
    Haha! I'm good in moderation.

Seriously, 7-8 cups a day is insane. Cut it back to about 3 max, preferably 2, and don't drink me after 6pm if you want to be able to sleep properly. You might as well add milk to me, get some calcium as well.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, there's a member called coffee! That's awesome!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Young people like black coffee, too.

I am 30, and wouldn't consider myself ready for the nursing home just yet!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't drink much coffee. I usually drink green tea. It has caffeine in it too, and I'm not certain but I think it may be better for me than coffee although I'm not positive on that???
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Green tea has more caffeine than coffee, actually.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it works as a diaretic , makes you use the bathroom, so it actually fights against type 2 diabetes. I dont have diabetes but I still use to fight it off. I dont use alot of milk , and use some raw sugar. It also contains antioxidants and I think I heard magnesium. It makes you more alert but can make you nervous if over indulgance of it. it certainly does more good then harm. I just am a big fan of Starbucks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.