9 Post(s)

What are your favorite perfumes?

What the title says

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm cheap. I have a couple expensive-ish perfumes that I received as gifts, but I actually prefer Calgon's Tahitian Orchid a la Walmart. Their body cream is the best. I also like Bath and Body Work's Twilight Woods. Although I need to get back there and smell the new smells!

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just ran out of my number 1 perfume and I found out that it's no longer being produced

I also wear Ange ou Démon by Givenchy and Amor Amor by Cacharel:

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Coach original (not poppy) has been my favorite for the last several years.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Time to man this thread right up. Make way for cologne!

Daily wear is "One Million" by Paco Rabane

My once in a while, since I only have a sample vial, is "Brit Rhythm" by Burberry

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I have a strange question............sorry for the derail.

Is perfume wearing going out of style or something? Years ago, women wore so much perfume that you could get high just standing in a bank line. Men were just as bad with their colognes. Now businesses are even putting no perfume rules in their dress codes.

The last time I wore perfume was about 25 years ago. My soaps and shampoos and creams though have smells, but not as potent as the old perfumes used to me.

So are people still wearing it as much as in the past?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post

Is perfume wearing going out of style or something? Years ago, women wore so much perfume that you could get high just standing in a bank line. Men were just as bad with their colognes. Now businesses are even putting no perfume rules in their dress codes.

The last time I wore perfume was about 25 years ago. My soaps and shampoos and creams though have smells, but not as potent as the old perfumes used to me.

I'm not sure, really. My teens all wear perfume or cologne regularly. I recall some of the people I worked with wearing fragrances, but not many. I've always worn something, but I was raised down south where it was just a part of the "getting yourself presentable" routine.

I'd call it 50-50 these days.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I don't wear perfume and never have...is that strange? When I was younger I wore that cheap body mist stuff, but I've never worn actual perfume. I've also gotten used to scent-free environments, having worked in an optical lab and living with people with countless allergies. I would probably enjoy having some sorta perfume, but I worry about it being too strong or unsuitable/off-putting for me in some way. I'm more comfortable using pleasant smelling lotions and such.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I am not aloud to wear perfume as part of my dress code. Out side of work I don't use it much, sometimes on big nights out but I hardly see the point, because as you said the smell is not as strong. I prefer body spray but they usually make me sneeze.

In saying all that my favourite perfume is Channel No. 5. - I don't wear it my mum does

Chanel-No.-5.jpg
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Givenchy Play and Paco Rabanne 1 million

nd.3907.jpg

7587.jpg

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Corporate environments. Just as most schools have banned snacks with nuts in them due to potential allergic reactions, many companies have realized that people are allergic (or just sensitive) to perfumes. I know of a few specific areas in my work's building that have signs saying it is a fragrance-free zone.

The other thing is that a decent perfume/cologne is bloody expensive. For me, I look at around $100 a bottle for what I like wearing. For a lot of people now who are making minimum wage and just getting by, it's a lot of money to spend on something seemingly superfluous.

And last thing is I find a lot of people don't understand how strong their perfume/cologne is, which may be offputting to those unfamiliar with it personally. I'm generalizing here but one spray is usually enough. Two can be alright for less harsh scents. Once you hit three you're entering into "RIP everyone's noses near me" territory. I spray once, onto my wrist, and then rub it gently on my other wrist and behind my ears. I have had absolutely zero complaints in the aforementioned fragrance-free zones.

Holy rambles batman.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wear various perfumes depending on where I'm going.

'Purr' by Katy Perry (No image)

'Island Kiss' by Escada
    nd.14011.jpg

'Daisy' by Marc Jacobs
    2631.jpg

'Japanese Cherry Blossom' by The Body Shop
    94799m_l.jpg

I've been wearing perfume since I was 15/16, before hand, I used to wear body spray but the smell didn't last as long as perfume so I switched.
    'When it comes to dreams, one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them.'

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Angel by Thierry Mugler:

nd.704.jpg

I only started wearing perfume last year. I didn't really like perfume, but I've been given about 4 expensive perfumes over the years and I finally decided to use them. The above is my favourite. Though the next best one is burberry:

Perfume-Burberry.jpg

The first one suits Summer and the second one suits Winter.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I don't wear perfume, just deodorant

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.