CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Grounding Techniques

Hi everyone,

I have these two links favourited and thought I'd share them with you all - they really are quite good

http://www.bcbhr.org/Articles.aspx?7

http://www.anxietybc.com/sites/defau...ult_hmptsd.pdf

Remember to take good care of yourself and be gentle! XOXO

- CeCe

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Those are really awesome....really good articles CeCe....thanks
    I already use some of those (I have PTSD) but they gave me some new ones as well.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting this. I kind of somewhat had a bad day, where on break I had no friend to talk to and I was trying to focus on reality not retreat into a daydream; either a good one or bad one. Who knew it was called grounding? Reality was I really was on lunch break with a bunch of people that I don't know very well. Not they all hate me!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you! I look forward to practising these techniques

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good tips. I have been using the touching the floor with my feet thing lately and it really does work and help keep me in the moment.

I also have recently gotten into essential oils and taking the time to take deep breaths and inhale relaxing scents has a lot of merit to it. I have always dismissed oils and aromatherapy but taking the time to actively rub oil on your hands, cup it around your mouth and think of nothing but the breaths and the smell does much to calm one down and center one's self. I am using one right now called "Balance" by doterra that is esp designed for calming (lavender works well too).
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.