Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are anxiety forums helpful for you?

I usually keep to myself and definitely do not do things like this. I figured why not try something new. At least here I can get advice from people who understand what I am going through and possibly give a bit. A site like this might be what I need? I don't socialize much.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me, personally, no. I don't think I fit in on anxiety forums.

It is a good resource to use and relate to others who are also dealing with the same issue, or went through the same issue and eventually resolved it.
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only forum I have ever joined was Anxiety Space. This forum reminds me I'm not alone. Thank you!!

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yes! Only contact I have with other human beings.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm very sensitive and the harsh personalities and the cold nature of some of the posters over on the other forum made me feel very nervous and uncomfortable, I understood there were deep emotional and psychological reasons why there were posters with cold or desensitized personalities but it still scared me, I'm not good at hardening myself, my feelings show.

There's probably somebody here who's been there and known what I'm talking about, while I never clashed with anyone there, I was always shaken by some of the attitudes towards with posters, this forum is much calmer, the antagonistic nature isn't here, when I first started there, the forum was more friendly more open, the topics were calmer too.
    Friends Together Together Forever

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote JesusChild View Post
    I'm very sensitive and the harsh personalities and the cold nature of some of the posters over on the other forum made me feel very nervous and uncomfortable, I understood there were deep emotional and psychological reasons why there were posters with cold or desensitized personalities but it still scared me, I'm not good at hardening myself, my feelings show.

There's probably somebody here who's been there and known what I'm talking about, while I never clashed with anyone there, I was always shaken by some of the attitudes towards with posters, this forum is much calmer, the antagonistic nature isn't here, when I first started there, the forum was more friendly more open, the topics were calmer too.
    That is pretty true.
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote FraidyCat View Post
    Only forum I have ever joined was Anxiety Space. This forum reminds me I'm not alone. Thank you!!
    Hi FraidyCat

This is my first time using an anxiety forum. I found it off twitter and thought "What the heck, why not?". It's nice to be able to communicate with people with the same problems with me.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just being in contact with other people with the same condition on forums like this has helped immensely and been much more valuable to me than therapy ever was. I used to feel like such a freak and now I've found people that I don't have to hide this condition from, or try to explain it, because they already get it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not necessarily for my anxiety, but they've helped me meet and befriend like-minded people.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's helpful in the sense that I can discuss my issues with other people, who are also facing them.

Not all of my issues are tied to anxiety, so it's not always helpful. But it's a good place to fit in with.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i know that when I come on places like this i will always find someone who understand what I'm going through.x
    jean x

things always happen for a reason,but we donot always agree.x

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Finding SAS back in May, I was happy to find people like me. But that's about it. I like talking to other people like me and it somehow gives me some sense of sanity, knowing I'm not alone. However, this is about true:

Quote JesusChild View Post

This is me too. Although I was probably one of the ones who came across as aggresive towards my time over there. But look at it from my view. I'm having a shitty day, I'm on new meds that are quite possibly making me feel ill, and I don't really feel like doing much. I'm struggling coming to terms with a bipolar diagnosis and the fact that this isn't something that will just go away. Log into that place-

"Oh hey woman! Guess what, we have it worse than you because we haven't had sex and it's easier for you to get laid. So stop moaning, and hey, you wouldn't understand because you're not us. Having sex is the worse thing in the world, I'm going to go and kill myself. There's no other reason for anxiety and depression but that."

It makes me wanna scream. I've seen manic, psychotic and suicidal in my few months visiting doctors for treatment for this thing and I know I'd do anything to not be bipolar right now...and being told by some 16 year old spotty teenager whiner that at least it's easy for me to get laid and I should therefore, feel perfectly fine...well, I was gonna have a go. Particularly since people have a go at me over there if I tried to point out how they had absolutley no bad things could get, and not having sex was not the worst thing in the world. (If I was one of the posters on there who had a go at you, or anyone on here, then I'm sorry.)

I also need to stop complaining about that place. Check in occsaionally, there's not as many sex threads. Still, prefer this place. What with the old mods and everything (Ventura, Neptunus, and I think Ironman may be one of them from SAS...) Who were pretty damn awesome, even if I don't know them much.

There mods. You have my respect.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have not seen bad things on this forum. People seem very nice

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The forums here make me feel less of a freak.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote WeAreStars View Post
    I have not seen bad things on this forum. People seem very nice
    Hmm, not sure if you're referring to my post or not, but of are, yeah people on AnxS are pretty nice. I was talking about another place called Social Anxiety Support. You may have seen some of us talking about an SAS or "that place". It was a good forum, until all the mod changes and all the horrid, nasty people came onto it.

This place is so much better. Still surprising how the mods/admins listen to you on here and how friendly and supportive everyone is. And how no one will tell you to "Stop whining an get a life" if you're having a shitty day.

if you weren't referring to my post, heck, Im just talking crazy talk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.