Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anybody feel paranoid when talking to people?

I usually feel worried and paranoid of how others (even friends and family) are perceiving me while I'm engaged in a conversation with them. I don't feel comfortable speaking with anyone for extended periods of time and I often take sarcastic remarks in a personal way; even when I know the said sarcasm is just a joke. I feel hopeless sometimes, and smoke to ease my nerves.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tell me about it, I'm really paranoid at times talking to people. It's horrible!
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I feel a heightened sense of self-consciousness. I think part of it was due to BDD, feeling that people thought I was ugly. But then I became more concerned about them noticing my anxiety or other odd / unlikeable things I do. I nearly always assume the worst about what they must think of me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    most of the time nowadays i feel okay but then there are moments when i start "thinking about it"

like it all hits me at once.. and gets too real.. like, wow, Im really talking to someone right now, a real person, me

​and then i get kind of weirded out. but the key is to not think about it.
    “A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside it remains the same.” — Brock

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With everyone but my husband and kid.
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have this problem with authority figures or people I don't know well but respect and admire. Also overly critical people who I know don't really like me much. If I'm absolutely certain I have a true friend or If I don't care what the other person thinks I can be so different or normal with them. I know this is what makes people think I'm odd. I'll have normal conversations with some weird old hippie dude who hits on all the women at work because I really don't get anxious around him, but let my somewhat good looking supervisor talk to me and I become almost mute.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.