Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Third Planet of Sol, in Orion-Cygnus Arm, Milky Way.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My mom has NPD. And she had designated me as the reject in the family, way back when I was around 8-9 years old.
    Imagine having your mom saying she regretted that you were born. After she called you all sorts of names. Or even (trying) cast you out of the house (my dad managed to calm her down). All that when you were just 9 years old, only because you didn't answer her call. (I was listening to music; normal stuff)

Mmm, she's the origin of my AvPD, alright

My dad on the other hand, was an introvert, so I didn't get any deeper in analysis, but aside that, I think he was pretty normal.

distancing's Avatar Sir Lurksalot
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My mom has pretty severe depression (her entire side of the family, really, suffers from various mental illnesses). My dad is pretty normal, though occasionally verging on depressive episodes... his mom apparently had bipolar disorder (type II, I would have to assume... and I didn't know this until after she died), though I don't know the severity.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    they have dumb@$$ disease. its tragic.
    “A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside it remains the same.” — Brock

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My mom. She has suffered from severe depression and anxiety since for as far back as I can remember. I believe she also has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There is something very wrong with her. She's the most selfish, narcissistic person I've ever known in my 42 years of being alive. She's capable of being very, very cruel and hurtful to other people. It's almost as if she gets off on it. When I was very young, she used to make me feel guilty for having been born (I was an accident). I was abused by her, in every way that you can imagine that someone can be abused. We don't talk to each other. I haven't really had a real conversation with her (other than hi how are you) since I was about 8 years old.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes I believe so. That my mother does indeed have a mental illness, I have read a lot about it. She is an alcoholic and a pathological liar.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote James View Post
    My mom. She has suffered from severe depression and anxiety since for as far back as I can remember. I believe she also has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There is something very wrong with her. She's the most selfish, narcissistic person I've ever known in my 42 years of being alive. She's capable of being very, very cruel and hurtful to other people. It's almost as if she gets off on it. When I was very young, she used to make me feel guilty for having been born (I was an accident). I was abused by her, in every way that you can imagine that someone can be abused. We don't talk to each other. I haven't really had a real conversation with her (other than hi how are you) since I was about 8 years old.
    Just as James states here, my mother is much the same......for me, I have spent a good portion of my life trying to understand the problem and heal from it. I do wonder how much of this contributes to my personal emotional problems. Though at the same time some say it's important to move on. And I do find that alcoholics and Narcissistic people have a way of making everything revolve around themselves.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, my dad has social anxiety and something other. My mom dealt with PTSD due to abuse but doesn't have any mental disorders.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Jennifer View Post
    Yes, my dad has social anxiety and something other. My mom dealt with PTSD due to abuse but doesn't have any mental disorders.

Welcome Jennifer!
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Misssy View Post
    Just as James states here, my mother is much the same......for me, I have spent a good portion of my life trying to understand the problem and heal from it. I do wonder how much of this contributes to my personal emotional problems. Though at the same time some say it's important to move on. And I do find that alcoholics and Narcissistic people have a way of making everything revolve around themselves.
    Sounds like your mom and my mom should do lunch. Could be BFFs.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My parents are screwed up because their parents were screwed up. I thought everybody was kinda screwed up.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My mother, although she'd never admit to it. Anxiety - largely social, and I would say depression as well. I could be wrong about that. Definitely the anxiety though.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Both my parents atleast seem like relatively normal people. No noticable anxiety/depression issues. But I do kno that shyness does tend to run into the family, since my sister is almost exactly the same as me which is very introverted, never hangs out or goes out, has very few friends, though her social anxiety has gotten better over the years.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My mum is also starting to become a hoarder, and has always had a shopping addiction. She drinks too much as well. No impulse control. I wish she was normal.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, sadly
    Hi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.