Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hearing whispers?

Anyone else hear whispers at times. Like someone whispering is way too loud for whispering? It comes out as loud enough to hear, but jumbled. Wondering if anxiety can mess with your auditory processing ability, (jumble up sounds)?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In my Mom's house there is a room actually the laundry room/shower/pantry-storage where really weird stuff happens. Personally, I've had shampoo and my glasses thrown at me while in the shower. My sister has a few similar stories. Sometimes household items that disappear for a while reappear in this room. It is one of the reasons why I don't even have any doubts; ghosts do exist. I sometimes hear muffled sounds in this room, as well.

Anyway you can have auditory hallucinations such as when you've have too much aspirin and get a buzzing sound or when you are really sick with a fever and hear something weird. If you are on any medicines you might want to look at it's side effects. Sometimes when you are away from all sounds liked shipwrecked on a island you will get auditory hallucinations. Also I have a friend with schizophrenia and if he's not on his meds.; he hears voices the rest of us don't.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Other than tinnitus, no. But I don't doubt ghosts exist.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's happened to me once or twice. I've heard a whisper, and I thought one of my family said something, but they actually didn't
    "I am the Wanderer
    I've seen many a shore
    But the road I long the most to go
    Is closed for evermore"

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    In my Mom's house there is a room actually the laundry room/shower/pantry-storage where really weird stuff happens. Personally, I've had shampoo and my glasses thrown at me while in the shower. My sister has a few similar stories. Sometimes household items that disappear for a while reappear in this room. It is one of the reasons why I don't even have any doubts; ghosts do exist. I sometimes hear muffled sounds in this room, as well.

Anyway you can have auditory hallucinations such as when you've have too much aspirin and get a buzzing sound or when you are really sick with a fever and hear something weird. If you are on any medicines you might want to look at it's side effects. Sometimes when you are away from all sounds liked shipwrecked on a island you will get auditory hallucinations. Also I have a friend with schizophrenia and if he's not on his meds.; he hears voices the rest of us don't.
    Well its not a ghost because it doesn't sound like one at all (not that I have heard one) but If I were to estimate what one would sound like its far off. A ghost would not suddenly appear for no reason. Also I haven't heard any hallucinations of more than 2 audible words. Except when im half asleep. Then Its at most a sentence.

The one thing I can think of is recently my OCD has moved on to obsessing about hallucinations. Its hard to say what is a real symptom because I'm a hypochondriac.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    When under extreme stress, even people who have no history of psychosis can sometimes hear things. Once when I was having some kind of extended anxiety / panic episode I heard fragments of voices. Hasn't happened again since (this was years ago). Maybe I'll go psychotic one day though...

I don't believe in ghosts.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I hear voices in white noise. White noise like, computer fan, shower, space heater. Most of the time it is unintelligible mumbling. But It is always a female and a male in conversation. Like hearing someone in another room talking.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I've heard it before, people calling my name as if it's a whisper. Only nobody does. A lot of people do on the occasion apparently, and that's as close to psychosis as anyone can get.

I think the genereal thing about schizophrenia and psychosis like this is that you can't tell the difference between whether it's real or not. If you're really hearing them, it's as if someone is actually talking to you, and it's horrible (I don't have schizophrenia, btw, the time I did hear voices, well...not going into it, but it wasn't a good momment.)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    When under extreme stress, even people who have no history of psychosis can sometimes hear things. Once when I was having some kind of extended anxiety / panic episode I heard fragments of voices. Hasn't happened again since (this was years ago). Maybe I'll go psychotic one day though...

I don't believe in ghosts.

I can relate to that..

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I've heard it before, people calling my name as if it's a whisper. Only nobody does. A lot of people do on the occasion apparently, and that's as close to psychosis as anyone can get.

I think the genereal thing about schizophrenia and psychosis like this is that you can't tell the difference between whether it's real or not. If you're really hearing them, it's as if someone is actually talking to you, and it's horrible (I don't have schizophrenia, btw, the time I did hear voices, well...not going into it, but it wasn't a good momment.)

Actually I hear people call my name idk say at least once a week. Although its because I cannot interpret sounds well + anxiety, I think. That might also explain some of my auditory hallucinations.

I think I hear people whispering at times. It sounds more echoy that normal though.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lately with the night time hallucinations ive had them say something to me. A few times when I had been OCDing over things it has told me to "shut up" or has blocked out my thoughts. Just like in a movie where you are watching a scene and it goes blank..

Also this morning in bed , I was daydreaming with eyes closed. In my daydream I said " anyone who loses control should go to h". But I never thought that.

Other times they have been random. Once it said a name and I cant remember the rest of the sentence.

Are these hallucinations my inner thoughts or are they jumbled memories replaying?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hearing words, sentences or phrases while half asleep or dozing of is common, they're called hypnagogic hallucinations. You've mentioned it happening at night time and while in bed/dozing off, so this might explain some of it?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    Hearing words, sentences or phrases while half asleep or dozing of is common, they're called hypnagogic hallucinations. You've mentioned it happening at night time and while in bed/dozing off, so this might explain some of it?
    Yes. Its a bit strange though. Its not exactly the same as a dream, in terms of context. A lot of the words that come out are jumbled and rather irrelevant to what im thinking. Its also in a different voice too.

Some I recognize as things I have said or heard others say. I think perhaps I am hearing my brain converting short term memory into long term?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I get this quite alot.
    Every time i get into bed and start to doze off i will hear voices in my head. But i can't quite tell what they are saying.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've heard people speaking my entire life, but that's the PTSD and alters. They do sound very clear though. The brain will do amazing things under stressful conditions.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.