Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hear voices when I try to go to sleep on occasion it is really weird but I don't hear it during the day.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's happened to me once. I was in my room and heard what seemed like a 'witch laugh'...It freaked me out...I wouldn't go back into that room for awhile and my mom thought It was because I hadn't slept, but I hardly sleep anyway. That's the only time that's ever happened. So far, anyway. But I'm always paranoid whenever I hear the slightest sound.

-Blade Biersack

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It could just be the lack of sleep catching up on you possibly even a virus or flu. It could have been just those things just relax and don't stress yourself over anything too quickly

acristacat's Avatar lover of the sky, the trees, the forest, the breeze
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HotHot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    Hearing words, sentences or phrases while half asleep or dozing of is common, they're called hypnagogic hallucinations. You've mentioned it happening at night time and while in bed/dozing off, so this might explain some of it?
    I was also going to make mention of this, but I didn't know the technical term for it (hypangogic hallucination). I have these types of hallucinations every blue moon, when awaking from a dream for example.

I used to fear going schizophrenic and, interestingly enough, when I started on SSRI's/SNRI's that fear completely disappeared, as did other fears involving ghosts, the night and sleep. It's really the one thing that I know SSRI's did correct. Weird. I know people used to tell me to stop fearing being schizophrenic otherwise I'd obsess myself into actually losing it, ha...

I think what your "whispers" are a result of is really dependent on when they occur and what they say. If it's just a word here or there, or like your name, that's probably nothing, if it's full blown sentences going over and over though...then this could be something.

I took a training on "hearing voices" for those with psychosis and I had to wear headphones and experience, well, hearing voices. There was sometimes fully audible "voices" talking, but sometimes it was just a lot of whispering/humming/moaning etc.

Btw, nice Natasha Khan pic Meeps

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been diagnosed as schizophrenic among other things back in my teens and been having regular hallucinations since age 4.

Anyways, I often hear whispers and more often than not it starts off sounding like a just a few voices whispering too quietly to make out. Then it gets gradually louder and louder with more voices being added until it starts to sound like I am in a large echo-prone building with hundreds of people whispering as loud as they possibly can.

Used to be a bit scary as a kid but I've gotten used to it. I've been on a lot of meds and most do no good and the ones that did help some were not worth the side effects so I eventually gave up on meds. Is often triggered by extreme quiet, which also tends to create an annoying ringing noise sometimes. Both of these noises I can usually make lessen then quit by adding audio to the environment like tv, radio, ect and then sort of focusing on that.

In my experience senses (specially vision and hearing) are more prone to hallucinating the less data they are receiving from the real world. So more likely to see things in a dark room, and these visual hallucinations can often be overidden merely by adding light. I have hallucinated in bright/noisy settings but this is pretty rare unless I am creating the hallucination on purpose, and even then controlled hallucinations are more vivid/easier to manifest when there is less realworld sensory input.

Sorry for the rambling necropost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.