Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote FireIsTheCleanser View Post
    Hey how come there's a marijuana and beer smiley but not a cigarette smiley? What if I smoke cigarettes but can't show it while the rest of you smoke your marijiguana? I have to, like, be excluded from the group because I choose to give hugs and not do drugs? That's not nice, I don't like being excluded for not caving into peer pressure. Sad face.

http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got some ideas on how to make it a better website.

1) Chat is not compatible with my new Ipad. It says I 'need to install or upgrade Adobe Flash Player. Version 10.2 or higher is required. Get Adobe Flash player.'

2) Is there going to be an anxietyspace.com app in the future? It would be really cool to access it on my iPhone.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote theandrew View Post

1) Chat is not compatible with my new Ipad. It says I 'need to install or upgrade Adobe Flash Player. Version 10.2 or higher is required. Get Adobe Flash player.'

2) Is there going to be an anxietyspace.com app in the future? It would be really cool to access it on my iPhone.
    Thanks for that.

There is a mobile version of the chat (without video) is available here. There isn't any plans for an app, but a rebuilt of the mobile version of the site including the chat will be done in the future, although there is no timeframe yet.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote theandrew View Post

Quote Joker View Post
    Thanks for that.

There is a mobile version of the chat (without video) is available here. There isn't any plans for an app, but a rebuilt of the mobile version of the site including the chat will be done in the future, although there is no timeframe yet.
    I still have a flip phone. Actually, the thing was the cheapest in the list and cost me $260! I use my dad's old plan, which I think, is like 8-9 years old. My old flip phone was that old.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would anyone be interested in creating voting tournaments? Like NCAA bracket style tournaments for silly stuff like best cereal or best N64 games. I think it could be a lot of fun.
    Travel At Your Own Pace

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably have a section on schoolwork and occupation so we can share ideas on how to cope with homework (i.e. share math recipes for success, homework help, etc.) and occupation (where we share computer programs and scripts to get stuff done at work).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote cavemanslaststand View Post
    Probably have a section on schoolwork and occupation so we can share ideas on how to cope with homework (i.e. share math recipes for success, homework help, etc.) and occupation (where we share computer programs and scripts to get stuff done at work).
    I agree with this!
    Travel At Your Own Pace

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Lmatic3030 View Post
    I agree with this!
    Thank you! Being an older member, I don't think I have much to say outside of occupation topics and some schoolwork.

Another idea == A Farewell Section for those who keep on threatening to leave or for real. Would be curious to know why certain people disappear for a while from forums since I threaten to blow the joint every few days meshelf. I am waiting for a couple things to happen in my life, and that's it for me and SAS and AS and Anxiety Forums etc.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote cavemanslaststand View Post
    Thank you! Being an older member, I don't think I have much to say outside of occupation topics and some schoolwork.

Another idea == A Farewell Section for those who keep on threatening to leave or for real. Would be curious to know why certain people disappear for a while from forums since I threaten to blow the joint every few days meshelf. I am waiting for a couple things to happen in my life, and that's it for me and SAS and AS and Anxiety Forums etc.
    You know, I like the farewell section idea too. If we know somebody is going to take a break and why, then it would save us closing down our pages and stuff. When I thought I was taking a break, I was afraid when I came back I would have no friends. So I deleted them and I had to find them and apologize and ask them to be my friend again. I think I lost a few in the process

But if we had a section where we could write things like "I'm taking a break for awhile because I'm spending too much time here and not getting work done," or something like that, then it would let others know where you are.

I think it would also be a good place for people who are feeling invisible, lonely, etc to be heard. I know a lot of times I've read where people want to leave because they don't feel they contribute or are being heard. It actually could be a good place for people to get some support in case that is why they want to leave. I was literally nuts when I deleted my friends and if I had posted in that thread before deleting everyone then maybe somebody could have talked me down off the roof.

I'm not saying the thread needs to be anybody rescuing anybody. I just think it lets people know you are struggling. And think about it. Running away is one of the unhealthy things we all do around here. It's my first line of defense whenever I get triggered. If I read just one person's response saying "well, hurry back" or "wanna pm me to talk about it" or "we'll miss you," that might be enough to ground me. I ended up having a few friend's emails (kicking me in the butt like I needed) to slow down enough to stop what I was doing.

I don't think I would put it at the top though where the introductions are. People just joining would wonder why we have a farewell thread. Maybe towards the bottom. I think it would also be better to hide it like some of the sections are. It's nobody but the member's business, why we want to leave.

Also, I've seen on other forums (that are not supportive like this one), where when somebody says they're leaving, mean people say mean things like "so long!" "so much drama" and other really snide remarks. I know the people here are nice, but it would probably need to be monitored pretty heavily.........especially if two people are fighting and that's the reason they are leaving. I used to see (in other places) people just gang up on the person who is leaving. And seriously, most of the time they're leaving because of some trigger or hurt. Why kick somebody further when you can do the right thing and support them? It was definitely the bully syndrome and just broke my heart to see it happen over and over.

Anyway, great idea cavemanslastand. Of course it's you guy in charge's decision. I was just thinking it was a good idea.

Cindy

And hey wait!!! Just because we're older than these "younguns" around here doesn't mean we don't have good stuff to say. I just brought up Woodstock and The Exorcist movie today. This place needs us to spread a little nostalgic culture around here.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    get rid of this? new post edit...

Last edited by xxxxxxx; Today at xx:xx xM.

...stuff that appears even right after you post.

I dun like et .---.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote onawheel View Post
    get rid of this? new post edit...

...stuff that appears even right after you post.

I dun like et .---.
    Weird, that shouldn't be coming up. I put in a fix, it should be gone now

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    An emoticon with a cape!

Er...pretty please?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    An emoticon with a cape!

Er...pretty please?
    I second this!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "on leave" or "taking a break" is much better than "banned on request" or words to that effect!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.