View Poll Results: Are you for or against the death penalty?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

10 37.04%
  • Against

17 62.96%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Death penalty

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Not really American so I don't really know much about republican policies, although they seem to around screaming "Guns!!! FREEDOM!!!! Let's invade Iran!!! Low taxes!!! Don't worry that the rest of the worlds and this countries economy will be shot because we can't get enough cash in to keep this country going..." Or something. I don't know...a lot of over here just seemed to be "Thank god" when Obama was reelected. As it is, I'm somebody who just looked at the ballot paper at the last election and went "You know, I don't like any of these guys...".

Like the majority of people here though, I don't believe in the death penalty. End of. Unlike what the Daily Mail crap newspaper likes to make it seem. Although the odd racist middle-class obese prick who thinks praises queen and country and refuses to talk to the arab guy who works at the store who wants the death penalty back and for all the immigrants to be slaughtered, or whatever, isn't our country.

Why they let Prisoners have Playstations in cell though, I don't know. EU wanted to give them the vote, at one point. They break the law, they don't respect it, and they're supposed to have a say in who rules???? Seriously, when you get prisoners liking the fact that they're in prison and reoffending to return, thats when you know somethings wrong with the system.

But I don't support the death penalty. Ever. Technically, it's still legal here for treason against the queen...or something, but I doubt it'd ever be enforced. There's still a load of stupid laws.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote pam View Post
    No one said all of that stuff. You are saying things that I've never even heard of (like the cow gas reference).

If you happen to agree with the death penalty, and you live in a state where they actually use it and like to use it, then what's the problem? Why are you getting defensive? I live in a liberal state where my views also happen to match the majority, so call me a bleeding heart liberal, and I won't care.

I don't understand a lot of what you wrote so I don't know what to say.

I guess I was surprised about the thinking that it's ok to execute children. I have NEVER heard ANYone say that before. Never. And from what I know of you, I can't believe you said it. I am quite surprised. I guess that's what is really bothering me. I was trying not to get personal, and so I admit I wrongly brought TX into it. I thought only someone from TX could be so extreme as to think it's ok to execute children. So yeah, that was wrong. So instead I'll tell you the truth which is I cannot believe you think it's ok for children to be executed under any circumstances whatsoever. I'm still so shocked that I think you didn't really mean it....IDK.
    Some of the answers above are against what I believe and even upset me, but did you see me tell them their thinking is illogical or they think that way because they live in blah blah blah or are part of a political party? I'm shocked by the answers of some of you. But I respectfully and graciously left them alone. After all, it is their right to believe as they do. I was asked an opinion and I gave one. Period.

I'm pretty pissed at how it seems important in this thread to first come up with reasons why I believe as I do, and now the stones are really being thrown. I'm sorry you're bothered by my beliefs, but I have reasons why I believe that.

Sorry you're shocked. Perhaps you didn't know me after all.

Can people please get back to the subject. Hopefully not every one's opinion will be this scrutinized and judged. I mean, we ARE all different human beings and therefore have a right to our own opinions.

Oh and before anyone gives me a definition of debate..................this section is called "Philosophy and Debate." I was giving my philosophy........and not asking for debate. Those are two different things, btw. Maybe I should always give a disclaimer.........."I am posting my philosophy and not posting here for debate." Or maybe we should just split the two subjects on the top of this section because they are widely different.

This is my philosophy. And no, I am not up for debate.

Thank you.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chant, you must be a more liberal Republican. Which is what I said.

The far right Republicans always act the same. They seem crazy for their guns, they support the death penalty, and they hate gay people and anything that's against their "bible" (not the same bible that I go to church and worship on every Sunday!)

If it's not you, you don't have to be offended.

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's not personal to only you Cindy--I'd have a problem with anyone who thinks it's acceptable to execute children. I have the right to express my extreme opposition to that. I don't care if you don't agree.

Anyone else have an opinion on the death penalty being applied to children? I mean, I can't even believe kids are part of this thread on the death penalty, but hey that's just me.
    Drug-free and Happy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. Don't you guys see that? I have not once said any of you are wrong.

It's not because I'm a Republican or Texan.

I'll tell you why I believe as I do.

I lost count of the times I've been raped after number 16.
    I lost 4 friends in gunfire because somebody wanted what they had.
    I identified 6 dead kids during my time as a counselor because their parents couldn't be found. They belonged to the wrong gang. btw, gang members with guns are kids.

I have no sympathy for these assailants. None. I don't care what age. The kids are hopeless anyway.
    Yes, I want revenge.

No, I don't want to waste my tax dollars feeding this scum. And I certainly don't want to buy them a Nintendo to while away their miserable lifetimes.

THIS is why I believe as I do.

Just me.

Ok. So how about people get off my case ok?

When you're raped over 20 times, shot at, deliberately hurt or have someone you love killed in front of you, tell me how forgiving and "liberal" you are.

NOW I'm done with this conversation.

I won't be visiting this thread again.

But hey....................thanks so much the respect. I really appreciate it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. Don't you guys see that? I have not once said any of you are wrong.

It's not because I'm a Republican or Texan.

I'll tell you why I believe as I do.

I lost count of the times I've been raped after number 16.
    I lost 4 friends in gunfire because somebody wanted what they had.
    I identified 6 dead kids during my time as a counselor because their parents couldn't be found. They belonged to the wrong gang. btw, gang members with guns are kids.

I have no sympathy for these assailants. None. I don't care what age. The kids are hopeless anyway.
    Yes, I want revenge.

No, I don't want to waste my tax dollars feeding this scum. And I certainly don't want to buy them a Nintendo to while away their miserable lifetimes.

THIS is why I believe as I do.

Just me.

Ok. So how about people get off my case ok?

When you're raped over 20 times, shot at, deliberately hurt or have someone you love killed in front of you, tell me how forgiving and "liberal" you are.

NOW I'm done with this conversation.

I won't be visiting this thread again.

But hey....................thanks so much the respect. I really appreciate it.
    I'm so sorry that these things happened to you. I really hope this wasn't directed at me solely, because I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings.

I feel terrible now. I hope you're okay.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^
    |

IMO, revenge is something strictly personal. I don't think the government should be in charge of that.

The real issue here is that it makes absolutely no difference whether someone's sentenced to life in prison or the death penalty, so the following problems arise:

http://www.deathpenalty.org/section.php?id=24

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Revenge is great on TV, but not in real life.

When you have the ability to forgive others, that is when you will experience inner peace.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I apologize for my words and behavior. It wasn't necessary for me to get angry. I would delete my words, but I wanted to take responsibility for them.

So again, I'm sorry.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im sorry chantellabella, i didnt know about the awful crimes perpetrated on you

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I truly believe there are people who no matter what cannot be rehabilitated. If their crime was murder especially, I believe the best thing for both them and the victim's survivors is to take away the very thing they took away from some innocent person.
    I think I agree with this.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    Someone would have to be one hardcore serial rapist/molester for me to but them in the same category with murderers like you all do. But then again, i've never been molested or raped either. Even if i had, i can't really see wishing death upon the person before incarceration and rehabilitation.
    Rape is kinda like torture..very similar...actually, I'd say it's a form of torture, so I would understand why a person who was raped might wish death upon the person who raped them.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    Rape is kinda like torture..very similar...actually, I'd say it's a form of torture, so I would understand why a person who was raped might wish death upon the person who raped them.
    Agreed.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rape perpetrated by both genders is terrible.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    Never been molested or raped, but I can see why someone might wish death on that person. But maybe that. I've never really been a victim of any sort of crime. I've never been mugged, house has never been robbed, never been attacked, and hopefully I'm not a victim of identity fraud and some lowlife is currently cleaning out my bank account as we speak. So I don't really know what to say, or if I can say anything, really. Me personally? I'm against the death penalty. I don't buy into the whole "Oh, but he had a tough past" so that's why he did it. Well [BEEP] that. I had a tough past too. I had a mentally ill mother. What she did wasn't her fault, but it was still upsetting. It wasn't anything major, but still. I've been bullied and outcasted pretty much throughout my school life. Am I turning around with a shotgun and shooting people or commiting any crimes??? No. I'm at home, trying my goddamn hardest to live my life, and I don't feel any need to go shooting people. Or this violent video games thing? Again, no. I've played violent video games. I don't care what a study says, it doesn't excuse a persons actions. In the end we are all human beings. We all know right from wrong even if we somewhat deny it, and we all know what we did.

That a person should be forgiven for what they did in some cases, especially if they're showing no remorse, is incomprehensible. It's the persons choices that led them to do what they did. Not genetics, not there past, or video games, or listening to heavy metal music, or whatever. We all have a choice. For some people, making that choice is harder than for others, but that's no excuse for destroying other peoples lives.

But is it right to kill them? I don't know. My guts telling me "No", but then I don't think the system we have in this country works much either.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.