View Poll Results: Are you for or against the death penalty?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

10 37.04%
  • Against

17 62.96%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Death penalty

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For A) proven serial killers (separate occasions/ times) AND B) didnt people who where attacking / abusing this person, yes. If they did it several times, it obviously wasn't an accident, they obviously were not sorry. If the person killed and killed just because they wanted something, then they cannot be rehabilitated. Also must be proven without a doubt.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Never been molested or raped, but I can see why someone might wish death on that person. But maybe that. I've never really been a victim of any sort of crime. I've never been mugged, house has never been robbed, never been attacked, and hopefully I'm not a victim of identity fraud and some lowlife is currently cleaning out my bank account as we speak. So I don't really know what to say, or if I can say anything, really. Me personally? I'm against the death penalty. I don't buy into the whole "Oh, but he had a tough past" so that's why he did it. Well [BEEP] that. I had a tough past too. I had a mentally ill mother. What she did wasn't her fault, but it was still upsetting. It wasn't anything major, but still. I've been bullied and outcasted pretty much throughout my school life. Am I turning around with a shotgun and shooting people or commiting any crimes??? No. I'm at home, trying my goddamn hardest to live my life, and I don't feel any need to go shooting people. Or this violent video games thing? Again, no. I've played violent video games. I don't care what a study says, it doesn't excuse a persons actions. In the end we are all human beings. We all know right from wrong even if we somewhat deny it, and we all know what we did.

That a person should be forgiven for what they did in some cases, especially if they're showing no remorse, is incomprehensible. It's the persons choices that led them to do what they did. Not genetics, not there past, or video games, or listening to heavy metal music, or whatever. We all have a choice. For some people, making that choice is harder than for others, but that's no excuse for destroying other peoples lives.

But is it right to kill them? I don't know. My guts telling me "No", but then I don't think the system we have in this country works much either.
    Agreed...even I were to be a victim of crimes, violent acts, etc., I just cannot bring myself to wish death on the assailants. It's understandable that the victim may want their attacker to feel remorseful for whatever wrongdoing they did, but in my opinion, going as far as wishing them to die would be as horrible as the perpetrator committing these harsh actions in the first place. So I'd rather take the high road. Revenge solves nothing.
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Serial killers and rapists generally have a lack of empathy towards other people.

I'm sorry, but rape isn't about sex. I've seen plenty of hot girls out there, and felt like I wanted to have sex with them. I'm still a virgin, oh, and I haven't raped anybody. I find that sick and deplorable.

I've had it argued to me that picking up drunk chicks at a bar isn't rape. I'm sorry, but it is. Someone who is intoxicated, and can't fully consent, is being raped. It's ridiculous how many guys believe the contrary.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    Serial killers and rapists generally have a lack of empathy towards other people.

I'm sorry, but rape isn't about sex. I've seen plenty of hot girls out there, and felt like I wanted to have sex with them. I'm still a virgin, oh, and I haven't raped anybody. I find that sick and deplorable.

I've had it argued to me that picking up drunk chicks at a bar isn't rape. I'm sorry, but it is. Someone who is intoxicated, and can't fully consent, is being raped. It's ridiculous how many guys believe the contrary.
    Yer, rape is about power, not sex. I've had it argue to me as well that it's okay to pick up a drunk woman at a bar, and then its not okay for the woman to press charges. Christ, if she's intoxicated, then yeah. It's rape. It's argued a lot, that. But heck, I can't see how taking advantage of a drunken woman who you know probably won't be okay with you having sex in the first place is okay. I suppose you could argue that she shouldn't have gotten drunk. But why shouldn't she? She's an adult, she has the right to get drunk. But then I guess she knew the consequences of getting drunk too. It's a grey area. But I'm more for rape being about power rather than sex.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Yer, rape is about power, not sex. I've had it argue to me as well that it's okay to pick up a drunk woman at a bar, and then its not okay for the woman to press charges. Christ, if she's intoxicated, then yeah. It's rape. It's argued a lot, that. But heck, I can't see how taking advantage of a drunken woman who you know probably won't be okay with you having sex in the first place is okay. I suppose you could argue that she shouldn't have gotten drunk. But why shouldn't she? She's an adult, she has the right to get drunk. But then I guess she knew the consequences of getting drunk too. It's a grey area. But I'm more for rape being about power rather than sex.
    The only people that argue it isn't rape are people that couldn't get sex the normal way.

Who am I to talk? But, christ, at least I don't feel like raping someone to get it. I'd rather spread good rather than evil.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Trendsetter View Post
    Agreed...even I were to be a victim of crimes, violent acts, etc., I just cannot bring myself to wish death on the assailants. It's understandable that the victim may want their attacker to feel remorseful for whatever wrongdoing they did, but in my opinion, going as far as wishing them to die would be as horrible as the perpetrator committing these harsh actions in the first place. So I'd rather take the high road. Revenge solves nothing.
    I'm not really sure it's all about revenge. Some people are just a danger to society. they cause nothing but misery and destruction. Revenge would be to make them suffer just as much as they've made their victims suffer (aka torture), not a quick death.

to the bolded: I really, really disagree with this. A victim or family/friend of the victim wishing death upon the assailant is totally not on par with the psychopathic actions of the torturer/murderer/etc. It's logical and completely understandable to want someone like that out of the world, so they can't harm another person. Some people have lost too much of their humanity, and don't really deserve to live, imo.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    I'm not really sure it's all about revenge. Some people are just a danger to society. they cause nothing but misery and destruction. Revenge would be to make them suffer just as much as they've made their victims suffer (aka torture), not a quick death.

to the bolded: I really, really disagree with this. A victim or family/friend of the victim wishing death upon the assailant is totally not on par with the psychopathic actions of the torturer/murderer/etc. It's logical and completely understandable to want someone like that out of the world, so they can't harm another person. Some people have lost too much of their humanity, and don't really deserve to live, imo.
    It depends on what people assume to be righteous.

A lot of people assume that people fit into a perfect box, and anybody who doesn't is "sick." Look at all the people who rallied against Marilyn Manson, or Harry Potter.

I am not comparing the two, but to some people, their view of "normal" is skewed, and they're just as sick as the ones who end up in the news. There are different types of crazy, and not all of them are locked behind bars. Some of them are in our government.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=WintersTale;281564]

I've had it argued to me that picking up drunk chicks at a bar isn't rape. I'm sorry, but it is. Someone who is intoxicated, and can't fully consent, is being raped. It's ridiculous how many guys believe the contrary.[/QUOTE]

What if the man is as drunk as the, "drunk chick" ? Would they simultaneously be both rape victims and rape perpetrators? What if the man had a higher blood alcohol content than the women? If he had a higher BAC than her, then I assume, she would be the rapist? or do you believe men can't be raped by women; therefore, the man is always the rapist and the woman is always the victim regardless of their relative blood alcohol contents?
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    What if the man is as drunk as the, "drunk chick" ? Would they simultaneously be both rape victims and rape perpetrators? What if the man had a higher blood alcohol content than the women? If he had a higher BAC than her, then I assume, she would be the rapist? or do you believe men can't be raped by women; therefore, the man is always the rapist and the woman is always the victim regardless of their relative blood alcohol contents?
    If both are drunk, then neither are taking advantage of each other.

What is troubling is when you have one person who is intoxicated, and one who is not. That is similar to rape, because one is in control and one can't control themselves. It's an abuse of power.

And a lot of guys joke about roofies and things like that, but the amount of guys who actually do [BEEP] like that is mind boggling, and troubling....

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know it happens, but who would want to have sex with someone who is passed out? The best part of sex really is that someone thinks you're as awsome as you think they are?

and I'm against the death penalty because I think a society should strive to be better than the worst of its members
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It depends on what people assume to be righteous.

A lot of people assume that people fit into a perfect box, and anybody who doesn't is "sick." Look at all the people who rallied against Marilyn Manson, or Harry Potter.

I am not comparing the two, but to some people, their view of "normal" is skewed, and they're just as sick as the ones who end up in the news. There are different types of crazy, and not all of them are locked behind bars. Some of them are in our government.
    I was talking about serial killers and rapists, crimes like that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    I was talking about serial killers and rapists, crimes like that.
    I'm just saying some people consider fans of Harry Potter as demented as serial killers and rapists, and they generally are demented themselves. Not the Harry Potter fans.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I know it happens, but who would want to have sex with someone who is passed out? The best part of sex really is that someone thinks you're as awsome as you think they are?

and I'm against the death penalty because I think a society should strive to be better than the worst of its members
    As Winterstale said before, not that this in anyway excuses it, people who can't get sex any other way. The only way to have sex-have sex with someone who's passed out.

I'm just saying some people consider fans of Harry Potter as demented as serial killers and rapists, and they generally are demented themselves. Not the Harry Potter fans.
    I think there's a word for these kind of people. Assholes. They're generally not that great to be around.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in the uk its rape it you sleep with anyone who is incapable of giving consent, of either sex, through drugs, drink or a vulnerable person

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For all the people in this thread who are for the death penalty: do you think all the citizens, politicians, and military leaders responsible for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan should get the death penalty for the deaths of the over a hundred thousands civilains, including tens of thousands of children since those wars began?

I ask because usually the same people for the death penalty are also the same people who support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    I don't get a signature.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.