Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nostalgia:what memories do you have of your younger years that brighten your day?

Here's a topic to get us all in a cheerful mood.Lets share some of our own favourite memories from our younger years.Think of any times in your life when you were having a real good time when it wasnt illegal,immoral or fattening.Share some of those times here and hopefully we can get everyone joining in.I'll start this off:

I'm from Adelaide,Australia.As a child we used to Kraft Velveeta cheese until around 1970.They stopped making it here but its still being made in the USA and Canada.The smell of melted Velveeta cheese on a cold morning sitting by the gas heater.

Matchbox toys and going shopping for them.

Listening to the radio at high school during the 1970s.Great music.Now I collect those old K-Tel records as well.Brings back great memories.

Seeing the Ford Mustang here in Adelaide for the first time here in 1966.

Okay.Its your turn.Add your favourite memory/memories here.Anything that makes you feel good when your looking back on the past.

Have fun.

Chris.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crawlin out of my mom was a trip
    “A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside it remains the same.” — Brock

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Many memories of growing up in the 90s. Awesome tv shows, like Hey Arnold and All That, collecting Pokemon cards, the release of the N64, playing SNES with my brothers, so many good times..and the pets I grew up with, we had rabbits back then, and our first cat
    "I am the Wanderer
    I've seen many a shore
    But the road I long the most to go
    Is closed for evermore"

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm a child of the 90's, by the way. Don't even wanna go into the noughties...

The old computer at pre-school/Kindergarton/nursery (Whatever you wanna call it) then had letters on it, andf a picture came up and you had to spell a word. They were only ever three letters long. If you got a few words right, a rocket came onto the scream and you could fly it

Watching Fireman Sam, Noddy, Thomas The Tank Engine on TV. Not idea if that's just in the UK, or if it was on out of it.

Being obsessed with trains. And I mean, really obsessed. Heck, everywhere we went I'd end up on a train. Not electric trains, old trains. Hence why I watched Thomas The Tank Engine. Althought the fact that the trains had faces on them annoyed the hell out of me. Why does the train have a face on and talk?!?!?!?!?!?! (I'm no longer obsessed with trains.)

The Magic Key Story books we got given at school to learn to read with. I have friend who's doing a college course studying childcare, and does a placement two days a week at various places where she's with younger children. She gets to still read them. I'm kinda jealous. She gets to do all the fun things you get to do when you're younger, and she has an excuse to!

Getting games from the library and installing them on Dad's laptop, and playing them for the week, and then returning them. Just a Windows 95 thingy...kinda old now. But it was fun!

And one of the games was something called Dogz 5. Which was fun.

Then I discoverd Sims 2...and I was hooked. This was the noughties, about when I was 10 or so...and I quickly worked out what all the cheatcodes were and told everyone I knew about them.

And then there was this:

Which I don't see in the store anymore...
    Whcih will always be awesome, and I still buy on the occasion today.

I miss being a young child. I miss the nineties, even though I can't remember much of the nineties as a time and the fashions and whatnot or whatever. Just that things were easier when I was a young child.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Monkey bars.

I loved them. My hands were always full of blisters from them.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Denv12 View Post
    Think of any times in your life when you were having a real good time when it wasnt illegal,immoral or fattening.
    Aye, very good!

I met the real Darth Vader! he was the green cross code man at the Glasgow Garden Festival! then I went on the coca-cola ride! no, don't laugh, it's true! don't get me started on the wee oriental man with his green worms in a empty domino wooden box!

nae wonder I'm deranged!!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to everyone for contributing to my post here.Lets keep these memories coming.You guys and girls are making this a great subject.Thanks for sharing.

Chris.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    memories from my childhood include my dads old cortina and all 5 of us sat in the back (no seat belt laws back then) going with my dad on his rounds delivering to all the top hotels in london, having lots of brothers and sister meant there was never a dull moment

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote claire74 View Post
    memories from my childhood include my dads old cortina and all 5 of us sat in the back (no seat belt laws back then) going with my dad on his rounds delivering to all the top hotels in london, having lots of brothers and sister meant there was never a dull moment

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Denv12 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for contributing to my post here.Lets keep these memories coming.You guys and girls are making this a great subject.Thanks for sharing.

Chris.
    I remember christmas day. the only thing I had to worry about was how many xmas presents I was getting! it's changed days now like!

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Nothing like after a horrible week of school waking up every saturday morning to a giant bowl of fruit loops and 4 hours of cartoons on The WB

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You just got the prize for the best reply here.I remembering a kid and downing a bowl of froot loops here in Aussieland.Loved it.Or Coco Pops,Honey Smacks,Sugar frosties,etc.They were all great.

Cheeers.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my dads full english breakfasts were the best when I was younger, only had them ocassionally and every xmas morning

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    finger-painting
    riding in my mother's banana yellow 65(?) Mustang with no seat-belt, able to crawl around all over inside the car
    playing in the sandbox
    eating oreos and peanut butter cookies
    rollerskating
    listening to the weekly countdown in the late 70s on my little handheld yellow AM radio!
    getting my first Sony Walkman for Christmas at 12 yrs old
    the maple smell of fall leaves

Just being 4.....Little People!.....and my first car--a 1968 Cougar (same year as me)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Fruity pebbles. Last bowl over 12 years ago.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.