I've read everyone's comments and just want to add my two cents. I have a Facebook page and am somewhat active on it. I keep in touch with friends, family, school friends all of whom do not live near me, they are scattered across the US and Europe. I get all the same type of posts that everyone else gets - game requests, silly personal updates, here's a picture of my cat, yada, yada, yada. I have one who is a Tea Party Republican and one who is a staunch Democrat and they both post their political views and what not. Mr. Tea Party requested from everyone on his friends list to not post all the silliness that people tend to do - my response was - 'I post on Facebook for my pleasure not yours. I'm sorry if what I post does not please you, as everything that you post does not necessarily please me. But you do post some things that I am interested in knowing about you and your family. If you do not like what I post I suggest that you unfriend me, I will not unfriend you.' Well I think he got the point as he has not unfriended me. I do not respond to any of the political postings, they are their opinions and just that, no matter what I say they will not change their opinion so why bother. If you want to discuss controversial issues go to a political page, music page, parenting page, health page; you can find them all on Facebook.

So what you post on Facebook is personal to you, post what you want - who cares if anyone likes it or not - do it for yourself or not. And I don't have a huge friends list, only 30, because they are the only ones I want to keep up with. Again, Facebook is for your pleasure as theirs is for them.