Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a huge nervous breakdown in class tonight

Okay, this started off with the professor telling us that, since it was 10 weeks into the class, we should know everything and we just need to go by the book.

I ask to speak to him privately, and tell him I'm not understanding the classwork. He then tells me I have a failing grade, and probably should drop out of the class. He then says he's the easiest teacher at my college, and then takes the private conversation, into the classroom, and brings me into it.

So I have a nervous breakdown, and start hyperventilating. I threaten to leave and walk out, and then he asks to see everything I've completed in my major so far. Once he sees that I'm almost done with my major, he offers to help me pass his class.

What I don't understand is why A.) he would send me into a panic attack in the first place (and this is a guy I told about my anxiety issues), B.) why it would matter MORE that I was almost done, than if a student was starting out fresh, and C.) why he had to be such an asshole about it?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A) Some Profs are just hoses, maybe he felt his authority was being threatened when you asked to speak privately. Some Profs have to be in control. B) I think he was finding a way out of a difficult situation and to save face was to help you, or maybe he genuinely was feeling like an ass. Hey, if you can figure out human behavior you'd be rich. Who really knows why he was an ass. Good for you that you stood your ground even in the midst of an attack. Take the help and put the class behind you.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad you got it all sorted out. I don't think the way he acted was right. There's no reason to tell you that u might as well drop out or to take your conversation in front of the whole class. Hes just a typical inconsiderate person, teachers can be that way as lot, they're no different from the rest of us. Ideally they should be more helpful and considerate but unfortunately they're not. They can be cruel and vindictive.

Just do ur best with the work from here on out. I'd try to just stay away from teachers like that. Do your best work and complete the class and show him u can do it... but other than that screw that guy
    “A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside it remains the same.” — Brock

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I suppose he felt threatened, although I don't know why? I'm probably the least threatening person out there?

Anyway, I'm going to put my nose to the grindstone, and try my best to understand this.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! I've had some awful profs., but although, there is "one" who I believe truly capable of doing something like this, I've never had to deal with anything like this. I'm really glad you stood up for yourself. I'm sure most of your classmates are on your side. Try your best, but I've always had a hard time learning anything from people like this. No matter what they say. My mind says "You're a jerk!"

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think most of my classmates think I'm weird, but that is typical. I'm eccentric, so a lot of people think I'm weird.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He sounds like a major dick. Once he helps you pass you class you should report him.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a professor who threatened to give me a failing grade in his class because it was a two quarter class and I had to have back surgery the second quarter. I had to go to student services and they fixed it for me. Otherwise, I would have lost my financial aid and I wouldn't of graduated even though I had good grades.

I also flunked music-lol and I had to take it again with another professor but I passed the second time. The first time I took the class it was graded on a curve and the other people in the class were music majors and I didn't even know how to read music. So I had my problems at UNI but the important thing is just to graduate. Your grades don't really matter unless your going to apply to graduate school.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. This makes me feel better.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.