Thread: Celexa

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Celexa

On Friday I waited for 5 hours in line to see a doctor and the doctor prescribed me Celexa.

I had told him that I took anti-depressants in the past and I was wondering if there was a MILD anti-anxiety.

I really want the anti-anxiety medication. Of course they don't give out a lot of benzos and stuff a that clinic.

So I looked up Celexa and the information I found said it's an anti-depressant....and that it has ANXIETY as a side effect.

I guess I wasn't communicating very well....maybe I was saying too much.

But here I am drinking coffee....and I want some kind of anxiety med. So yikes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Hmm, I got prescribed Celexa a while back by my gp and was told by my pdoc that it helps people with anxiety.

As a side note, if you're looking for anti anxiety meds that aren't benzos, you could try beta blockers. They work wonders for some people, not so great for others. They're the only reason my anxiety has had some control over the last year though.

They shouldn't have a problem prescribing beta blockers to you. They're non addictive, easy to come off if need be. I've never tried benzos because I'm too scared to, so I don't know how they compare really.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, this is from an awesome site, DrugBank. It will explain everything you want to know about how Celexa works or any other aspect of neuropsychopharmacology. It includes citalopram's mode of action, side effects, interactions with other drugs and links for further reading.Even its molecular structure, if you are into chemistry!
    Sorry I posted about paroxetine, initially. I was a bit tired but at least it was an SSRI, right! I gotz it right this time.
    http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00215

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.