Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    FoxNews was not sympathetic towards the two men. I guess they are convicted rapists now.

They are going after Jodi Arias anyway. Now THERE'S a Fruit Loop.
    Yes, Jodi Arias is even scarier than that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who's that
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Who's that
    Google her.

But here's a short definition. She is a 31 year old murderer who killed her boyfriend by shooting him, strangling him, gutting him, and slitting his throat (awful what she did to him.) She has given three different "stories" as to why she has done this, all of them contradicting each other. She also shows no remorse in court, and seems to be a sociopath.

She has been in the news recently, the most famous (or infamous) female murderer since Casey Anthony (and there is strong evidence that she, indeed, did the crime. She faces the death penalty if convicted.)

And, of course, she is attractive, so once again a hot female murderer makes the news...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    I don't know, I start to feel that these rapists could be rehabilitated, and then I start to watch that video. Yes, it's out there. It's a product of sick minds, and the fact that these guys walked the streets really turns my stomach.

It's the fault of the parents here, too. Someone raised these two boys to not respect women. What makes it even worse are the number of people who took videos with their cameras and did nothing to help her.

It's overall really sickening. If I saw someone being sexually molested, I would try to help them. I wouldn't just stand around.
    Yeah, likewise. There's a lot of sociopathology there. From working in mental health for eleventeen years I've learned that rehabilitating rapists is only possible if their level of functioning was too low for them to understand what they were doing at the time. Your average fifteen-year-old gets it. Completely. If he willfully violates someone for fun, then laughs about it after hearing of her pain and so on, he's not going to "get better" in the way that we'd hope. The best we can do is modify his behavior by showing him consequences. What people fail to realize about sociopaths like rapists is that they often LOVE what they're doing. It's not a compulsion in the manner of the OCD fellow who must wash his hands 100x a day. No, chances are, the rapist loves rape because it's greatly enjoyable for him. It's a huge rush and worth the risk.

It gives him the ultimate feeling of control. That's another craving that can't be eradicated through therapy. It just is what it is. It needs to be channeled into some other sort of activity.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whenever I think of rapists who can't control themselves, I think of the character from American Psycho. They commit crimes, because they have a compulsion to do so.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote takethebiscuit View Post
    Rape, as a crime, is horrific.

Defense lawyers, however, have learned to frame rapes in certain ways to encourage the thinking that someone who is raped somehow deserves it or brought it upon themselves. Was she drunk? Was she wearing skimpy clothing on the night of the assault? Was she walking home alone in a dodgy neighbourhood?

As has been mentioned on discussions about the death penalty, it's hard to judge how to deal with these criminals in the most effective way. I'm against the death penalty but there are some truly vile people in the world. One the one hand, America has most likely executed innocent people (as have other countries with the death penalty), some of the vilest people on the planet have also been executed and I'm not shedding tears for them in a hurry.

See how this gets complicated?

Now, should rapists be killed? No. We need to have tougher punishments in place, rehabilitation programs of some kind where they work, we need to give more support to the victims and combat the idea that someone who is abused and or raped somehow brought it upon themselves.
    Why do you only use the pronoun, "she" aren't men also the victims of rape???

...and I do think it's interesting that this story wasn't deleted but a story about a false rape allegation where a man was the victim of a woman was deleted. I guess a story demonizing males is acceptable, but a story demonizing a woman is not acceptable on this site, right???

That's why a social anxiety site for men is necesary. Sexism is so ingrained in society today people don't even realize they're sexist. Men deserve a site where they're free to talk in an environment where there's unbiased moderation.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    ...a story demonizing males is acceptable, but a story demonizing a woman is not acceptable on this site, right?
    No.

Quote whiteman View Post
    Why do you only use the pronoun, "she" aren't men also the victims of rape???
    If you re-read what takethebiscuit said, the pronouns "someone" and "themselves" were used which are gender-neutral, in the examples the pronoun "she" was used because those arguments are usually levelled against women, not men.

This thread is old now, so I'm going to close it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.