Thread: Paxil Nausea...

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Paxil Nausea...

Has anyone else felt really, really queasy/nauseous/had an upset stomach when first starting Paxil? My psychiatrist said this is the most common side effect and it's completely normal and should go away in a few days. I started it yesterday and I felt fine until about 11 or so at night and I thought I was going to vomit. I didn't actually throw up but the feeling persisted for a few hours and made it hard for me to sleep, and then it came back this afternoon for a while.
    I emailed my psychiatrist to make sure it was from the medication and I didn't have food poisoning or I was getting sick or anything. He said it's definitely from the Paxil and this side effect usually happens right away but doesn't last for more than a few days.
    I also don't have much of an appetite at all right now, I've probably eaten the equivalent of a sandwich-sized amount of food today. Normally I eat whatever gets put in front of me.
    Has anyone else been on this medication and experienced this gross side effect?
    Thanks
    /Keddy
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh yes. It does go away after a few days though. It's because Paxil is such a strong medication. The only side effect I have nowadays is sweating from it which is normal with anti-depressants. I will warn you though. If you ever decide to stop taking Paxil, consult your doctor cause I didn't & the side effects of quitting were WORSE. I'm back on it now though & didn't have the side effects you're describing like I did the 1st time I ever took it.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.