Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I joined Reddit this week

I've been posting only about tech stuff and online gaming, and it's been fine so far. Since there are subreddits for whatever interest you have, it's been pretty good.

They've gotten really serious about personal information and punishing people who creep on someone's post history to gather more information. It's good to see everyone getting serious about what people should and should not share online. Speaking of being serious, I can usually add "[Serious]" in the title of the thread to get serious replies. This cuts down on trolling and jokes.

Does anyone else here use Reddit?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Nope...I've looked at a few threads and usually been scared away from joining. Good luck.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I never used to go to Reddit at all, but recently I've been wasting some time there. I've got a few accounts for different areas of the site.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Reddit has swallowed more of my time than I'd like to admit.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I joined Reddit last month or so. Pretty addicting, although.. I hadn't been looking on there much lately since I been busy. It's an awesome web site. I mainly browse though, not post.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i like to creep people's post histories. how else are you supposed to decide who to follow or friend. i notice a comment and then i want to know more about who this person is. not who they are in real life. i don't mean personal details. just the kind of person they are by how they comment. so i delve into their post histories. you should try it. it's fun.

and i wish you could get to peoples profiles easier. like there would be a drop down menu of the names of the people you're following and you can click on their name to get to their profile. the way it does it now is all your friend's comments are compiled together in one feed. but people are very different and so is the way they comment and what they comment about. you might want to read one persons recent comments, not anyone elses. but then you have to find their most recent comment in the feed, and maybe all these other people you like have commented a lot more recently, so you have to go way back into the feed to find his name. then you can click on that to get to the profile but it's a lot of work.

i tried to find some subs i liked a few months ago that i could comment on when i started trying to do that, but basically had no luck in finding any ones that were right for me. i don't have any interests i like to discuss. my life experience is very small so i don't have that to rely on. and im not funny so im no use for making the funny comments. so where's my karma going to come from. or my pride in commenting. i don't really enjoy it very much when it's just an anonymous audience my posts could be seen by.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    I love Reddit. I'm actually very surprised at the quality of the (top) comments- They're generally compelling, well-written, and bad grammar is not tolerated so there's better readability. It's a good place for dialogue, particularly for me in r/Vancouver, r/Canada, r/WorldNews, and r/TwoXChromosomes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I joined reddit 3 months ago and I already have 466 comment karma. Oh, get wrecked kids.

I don't really use it. Just occasionally to check in with some TV show subreddits when a new episode comes out and whatnot. And because the layout is so messy. Especially with posts with pictures.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't understand it. The layout confuses me, and I've seen people post some shitty things there-creepy guy showing pics of his girlfriend's [BEEP] as if she were a trophy.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    I don't understand it. The layout confuses me, and I've seen people post some shitty things there-creepy guy showing pics of his girlfriend's [BEEP] as if she were a trophy.
    I didn't understand it at first either.. but after awhile of looking at the groups some of the sections where decent and put together well. I also dismissed it as a whole at first.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    There are sections of reddit some people might want to avoid, and some sections I'd argue everyone should avoid. If you create an account you can customize what shows up on your feed by subscribing only to the sections that interest you. As with most things, there's a bad side, a grey area, and a good side to reddit.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Inscrutable Banana View Post
    There are sections of reddit some people might want to avoid, and some sections I'd argue everyone should avoid. If you create an account you can customize what shows up on your feed by subscribing only to the sections that interest you. As with most things, there's a bad side, a grey area, and a good side to reddit.
    Agreed. I didn't want to join Reddit at first because of the kind of stuff I came across before I registered. After making my account, I saw you can customize everything.. and whatever you choose to see, it all appears on your "feed." So you don't have to worry much about seeing stuff you wish you could avoid at all costs.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote GrumpyCatFan View Post
    Agreed. I didn't want to join Reddit at first because of the kind of stuff I came across before I registered. After making my account, I saw you can customize everything.. and whatever you choose to see, it all appears on your "feed." So you don't have to worry much about seeing stuff you wish you could avoid at all costs.
    Huh, I might take a look at making one then. Although come to think of it, having another online social addiction probably is not the best idea. Damnit, I need to meet some real people.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    subscribe to r/rob_g (you didn't hear this from me).

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.