Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

17 year old intentially shoots baby in the face

Ga. woman says she's certain suspect shot her baby

By RUSS BYNUM Associated Press The Associated Press
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:00 PM EDT

This Friday, March 22, 2013 photo provided by the Glynn County Detention Center... (AP Photo/Courtesy of the Glynn County Detention Center)

More Latest News

Ga. woman says she's certain suspect shot her baby
    Powerball jackpot tantalizes at $320 million
    UK police: Russian tycoon Berezovsky found dead
    Man killed in Texas called suspect in Colo slaying
    Obama ends Mideast trip with tour of ancient Petra
    More Latest News

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="300" height="250" marginheight="0" allowtransparency="true" marginwidth="0" src="http://start.toshiba.com/ads/displayad.php?name=news_article_atf_300x250_tag"> < /iframe>

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — The mother of a baby shot dead in his stroller took one look at a teenage suspect's jailhouse mugshot Saturday and said he was definitely the killer. Yet an aunt of the teen said he was eating breakfast with her when the slaying took place.
    Despite the conflicting stories, police have charged 17-year-old De'Marquise Elkins with murder, along with a 14-year-old suspect whose name has been withheld because he's a juvenile.
    Brunswick police spokesman Todd Rhodes said even though Elkins' aunt provided an alibi, authorities have good reason to bring the charges.
    "That's what she's saying, but the evidence we're looking at says something else," Rhodes said, though he would not elaborate.
    Also Saturday, police in this coastal port city released 911 recordings from neighbors who sobbed and pleaded for help right after 13-month-old Antonio Santiago was shot in the head a few blocks from his mother's apartment.
    Sherry West said she was pushing her baby in his stroller as she walked home from the post office Thursday morning. She said a teenager, with a younger boy behind him, approached and asked her for money. West said when she told him she had no money, the teen drew a gun and said: "Do you want me to kill your baby?"
    The gunman opened fire and West was shot in the leg, while another bullet grazed her left ear, she said. She watched helplessly as the gunman shot her son in the face, she said.
    Two teddy bears, a vase of flowers and a decorative cross had been left Saturday against a wooden fence near the shooting scene.
    Katrina Freeman said Saturday the shooter can't be her nephew, Elkins, because he showed up at her house Thursday at 8:15 a.m. — roughly an hour before the killing. She said she cooked eggs, grits and sausage for breakfast and that Elkins accompanied her and her children to run errands when they left at about 11:30 a.m.
    "He was with us the whole time," said Freeman, adding that she gave police the same account of her nephew's whereabouts. "There is no doubt in my mind that he is innocent."
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised no one cares about a baby being intentially shot in the face given it's race and gender(white male) and the race of the perpetrator(African American). Still, though, I thought people might care about a baby??? But I guess a baby is just as disposable as an adult of that race and gender in this country???

I think shooting a baby in the face is just as bad as the stubenville rapists even if the baby was a white male.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I'm not surprised no one cares about a baby being intentially shot in the face given it's race and gender(white male) and the race of the perpetrator(African American). Still, though, I thought people might care about a baby??? But I guess a baby is just as disposable as an adult of that race and gender in this country???
    *eyeroll*

Calm your ass. This forum isn't exactly as active as the other one.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been patient. The post has been up for several days. In that time, several more posts were added to the stubenville rape post. Just as I predicted, no one cares. Sometimes it gets old being right all the time. :eye roll
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    The post has been up for several days. In that time, several more posts were added to the stubenville rape post.
    There isn't a lot to talk about here. Apart from that it's bad.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Coffee View Post
    There isn't a lot to talk about here. Apart from that it's bad.
    So what do you think is bad about it???
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    So what do you think is bad about it???
    that the baby was shot in the face, and that the guy's alibi contradicts the eye witness testimony. although really, his aunt isn't a great alibi haha, people can be stupid and lie for their family even if what they did was horrifically wrong. i guess the police have more evidence than just the EWT but it better be some kind of physical evidence. eye witnesses can be really unreliable. i don't really know what to think. the main bad thing is the baby that was killed.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think killing a baby is wrong regardless of its race or gender. I believe killing children is wrong. It's always wrong.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I think killing a baby is wrong regardless of its race or gender. I believe killing children is wrong. It's always wrong.
    yeah, i don't think anyone has disputed that

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Coffee View Post
    yeah, i don't think anyone has disputed that
    Unfortunately, people have.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I've been patient. The post has been up for several days. In that time, several more posts were added to the stubenville rape post. Just as I predicted, no one cares. Sometimes it gets old being right all the time. :eye roll
    The stupidville thread probably had more replies because there's more to talk about there other that "that's horrible" (possible cover up/involvement of adults, media sympathizing with rapists, onlookers not jumping in to help) not because people secretly don't care about white males or babies being killed and black people are priveleged or whatever your weird theory is.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    The stupidville thread probably had more replies because there's more to talk about there other that "that's horrible" (possible cover up/involvement of adults, media sympathizing with rapists, onlookers not jumping in to help) not because people secretly don't care about white males or babies being killed and black people are priveleged or whatever your weird theory is.
    Secretly???

I simply believe killing children is wrong. I simply believe in gender and racial equality.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ I'd probably be more upset if it happened to an adult. Not that i don't care, a life snuffed out is always terrible ya know. Also, the shock factor simply isn't there for me. I personally don't think it takes any more vile of a person to shoot a baby than anyone else.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    ^ I'd probably be more upset if it happened to an adult. Not that i don't care, a life snuffed out is always terrible ya know. Also, the shock factor simply isn't there for me. I personally don't think it takes any more vile of a person to shoot a baby than anyone else.
    I think more people react emotionally to children being shot because adults are supposed to 'protect' them until they can protect themselves. It feels as though society is supposed to protect them too. So when a child is killed, the maternal and paternal sides of people come out.

Also, there's the fact that the baby hasn't had a chance to experience life yet. That child could've been an amazing scientist but could also have grown up to be a mass murderer, so I'm not saying that its life is more 'valuable' than an adult, but it's the unknown that is unsettling... in fact, logically it makes more sense to be more upset at an adult dying because they leave behind people who knew them far better, they may have been contributors to the world, loved a lot of people and built up great relationships. .... but as humans sometimes emotions get the best of us.

Nevertheless, a life was lost and that's sad. I'm just trying to say, in a completely nonsensical way, a person that shoots someone regardless of age, race or gender is a dickhead (understatement) but a person who shoots a baby is just in some sense, a little more dickheadish. I don't really know the exact reasons why we feel that way, apart from the whole innocence argument, but I lean towards the 'protection' argument. Feels like a failure.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok. this is all the way around horrible. An innocent baby shot by a 17 year old with a 14 year old companion. What happened to make these kids be able to do that??

This world can be so mean..There are so many of these horrendous stories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.