Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Secretly???
    *shrug* you tell me, it's your crackpot theory...Or just don't tell me, that would be fine too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll just put you on ignore like you were before. I just don't think you're capable of having an adult discussion, so there is no reason to continue interacting with you until you grow up.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My, "crackpot theory" is: I simply believe that one child who's of a particular race and gender is just as good as another child who's of a different race and gender. Pretty crazy stuff huh???
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Coffee View Post
    Also, there's the fact that the baby hasn't had a chance to experience life yet. That child could've been an amazing scientist but could also have grown up to be a mass murderer, so I'm not saying that its life is more 'valuable' than an adult, but it's the unknown that is unsettling... in fact, logically it makes more sense to be more upset at an adult dying because they leave behind people who knew them far better, they may have been contributors to the world, loved a lot of people and built up great relationships. .... but as humans sometimes emotions get the best of us.
    That is exactly how i feel. I'm glad somebody understands that because i've tried making that argument before elsewhere (when the whole Sandy Hook thing happened) and people just weren't getting it at all. I never let emotions overshadow the logical reasons for feeling the way i do. I'm not bragging about that. In fact sometimes i feel like the odd man out.
    Is everyone supposed to have these "protector" feelings towards children? I feel as if people as a whole should protect themselves and possibly even the elderly over children/babies. Now if you're the parent of that child, i can totally understand that theory. But as a person with no relation whatsoever, i feel no obligation to protect our youth or have anymore sympathy towards them, especially with never having been a parent myself. Sometimes i feel as though people are putting on a front about this kind of thing. Trying to appear less apathetic than they are in order to not be judged harshly....even if done subconsciously.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just hate how apathetic and self-centered we are. My life goes on as normal, it wasn't my child, but that Mom has to live her life now with seeing that baby, the one thing she loves most with a bullet busting through it's skull.

I'm a parent I can't imagine anything worse. I'm a parent whose child almost died from undiagnosed spina bifida, tethered cord and anal stenosis. I actually had a strange episode that was called a post traumatic stress flashback, once when I watched a medical show in which a small curly haired baby that resembled my daughter needed a life saving operation.

The only thing worse would possibly be to be the parent of the child that did the shooting. Was it drugs? I already know there was... No good reason for this.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    That is exactly how i feel. I'm glad somebody understands that because i've tried making that argument before elsewhere (when the whole Sandy Hook thing happened) and people just weren't getting it at all. I never let emotions overshadow the logical reasons for feeling the way i do. I'm not bragging about that. In fact sometimes i feel like the odd man out.
    Is everyone supposed to have these "protector" feelings towards children? I feel as if people as a whole should protect themselves and possibly even the elderly over children/babies. Now if you're the parent of that child, i can totally understand that theory. But as a person with no relation whatsoever, i feel no obligation to protect our youth or have anymore sympathy towards them, especially with never having been a parent myself. Sometimes i feel as though people are putting on a front about this kind of thing. Trying to appear less apathetic than they are in order to not be judged harshly....even if done subconsciously.
    No, I don't think everyone is supposed to have those protector feelings. I'm not a parent either, and I'm relatively young but I still have those maternal feelings where I want to protect every baby, lol. It just seems as though you're more rational. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just individual differences.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Babies are defenseless, and they're innocent. They've never done anything to anyone ragardless of their race and gender.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Babies are defenseless, and they're innocent. They've never done anything to anyone ragardless of their race and gender.
    How come you're repeatedly bringing up race and gender when no one here has said anything to suggest that one baby is more important than another due to his/her race and/or gender?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Because white males are considered disposeable by many Americans in the United States today. They're blamed for every injustice in the world, and their held accountable for events that happened before they were even born. Therefore, I was curious what people would think of a white male baby being intentially shot in the face be an African American. I was curious whether people would think it was justified given the race of the victim and the race of the perpetrator even though the victim was just a baby.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Coffee View Post
    How come you're repeatedly bringing up race and gender when no one here has said anything to suggest that one baby is more important than another due to his/her race and/or gender?
    Given the age of the child it's not said, but it's implied
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Because white males are considered disposeable by many Americans in the United States today. They're blamed for every injustice in the world, and their held accountable for events that happened before they were even born. Therefore, I was curious what people would think of a white male baby being intentially shot in the face be an African American. I was curious whether people would think it was justified given the race of the victim and the race of the perpetrator even though the victim was just a baby.
    It isn't justified. The baby could be black, white, purple or green, and it still isn't justified. The perpetrator could be rainbow coloured and it still isnt justified.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.