Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

I just got told I don't have anxiety...

It something like that by some idiot online because I dared to give someone some advise on line and tell them that sitting at home doing nothing, not getting any help and expecting your SA to magically disappear one day won't help you. I already tried to help this guy once!! He just seems to ignore it and seems set on posting thread after threa after thread about how [BEEP] his life is without trying to improve it.

But apparently, what I wrote was deeply offensive, I don't understand severe SA, and people like me are worse than the people who don't understand because we're saying "pis off".

I mean, WTF??? I've been diagnosed with anxiety, I have pretty bad panic attacks and I've been signed off my doc at one point and told to take it somewhat easy when stress was triggering a depressive episode. I'm on medication and I'm waiting for therapy. And a friend just called me asking me to call her back, and Im freaking out because Im terrified she's gonna tell me she doesn't want to be friends anymore!!! I mean, ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was definatley a vent thread. Yup, I feel better. I suppose I should see what my friend wants.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    As it was, she just wanted to know if I wanted to meet up. Now I feel like an idiot. Damn you social anxiety...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some people don't want advice - they want pity. You did a good thing, telling the truth don't worry about it. He might be a little sensitive.

And don't feel stupid every other week I think that my friend hates me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i agree with cat.

some people just want you to agree with them about how bad they have it, they dont really want advice or want to get better

nothing really wrong with that, theyre just not ready to change, but they shouldnt tell you that you dont have anxiety. dont let em say that about you, lol, we all think u have anxiety ;]
    “A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside it remains the same.” — Brock

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not who I think it is, is it? If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he's a confirmed troll.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's crap.

Everyone has different degrees of anxiety. Nobody knows what you're going through but you.

I'd ignore that guy, he sounds like a tool.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Even if the person you are talking about sweety is not a troll, there are times in our lives (and not everyone's) where we don't want to get better and I believe that the individual just needs to get passed that themselves. Giving advise is a very good thing, but remember it is only advise, and often we don't realise what we were told helps until we are well passed achieving it.

That person also needs to know that everyone experiences anxiety differently but when you are in a bad place it can be very difficult not having everyone understand how you feel. Try not to take it to heart hun. where you are in your life and where that person is in their life are on very different levels. You need to hold who you are and not let others take hold of you.

Take Care
    J.x
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Even if the person you are talking about sweety is not a troll, there are times in our lives (and not everyone's) where we don't want to get better and I believe that the individual just needs to get passed that themselves. Giving advise is a very good thing, but remember it is only advise, and often we don't realise what we were told helps until we are well passed achieving it.

That person also needs to know that everyone experiences anxiety differently but when you are in a bad place it can be very difficult not having everyone understand how you feel. Try not to take it to heart hun. where you are in your life and where that person is in their life are on very different levels. You need to hold who you are and not let others take hold of you.

Take Care
    J.x
    You write this very well.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.