Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do you think it's possible to leave anxiety? (as in bye bye!)

do you think it's possible to leave anxiety? (as in bye bye!)

or are we stuck with it? we can do our best to try and overcome this disorder but it will always be there! <CUNT!!!

^agree or disagree?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Everyone has anxiety at times. It's a normal emotion. Are problem is that we have have way to much of it, and it can be triggered over little things that can seem silly at times (Like having the answer the phone) rather than things that would trigger anxiety in a non-anxious person (I hate calling them normal people...because aren't we somewhat normal too).

Then again, even non-anxious people get anxious over little things. There's a lot of non-anxious people out there anxious about spiders to the point they scream and leave the room if they see a tiny little minding it's own business in the corner of a room. My sister isn't SA or GAD or anyone, but she has a severe needle phobia, and because she's on meds for her rheumatoid arthritis that require monthly blood tests, it's serious a serious problem.

This question came up somewhat on the other site, but I ignored it. I didn't wanna get dragged into a load of whiners moaning about how [BEEP] there life was and how they'd never have sex and having a go at anyone who says otherwise (I'm not saying you're doing that, I don't think you are...but yeah, there's a lot of people on the other site who whine about the same stuff over and over). I think we can learn to think differently, learn how to cope better with situations that make us anxious. We're never going to be totally anxiety free, because nobody in the world is. But I think we can learn to have less of that anxiety, I suppose, a normal level of anxiety rather than anxiety that makes it a major problem.

I am pretty sure that makes no sense whatsoever. I never seem to make sense when I go off on one.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    great post Otherside and thanks

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Everyone has anxiety at times. It's a normal emotion. Are problem is that we have have way to much of it, and it can be triggered over little things that can seem silly at times (Like having the answer the phone) rather than things that would trigger anxiety in a non-anxious person (I hate calling them normal people...because aren't we somewhat normal too).

Then again, even non-anxious people get anxious over little things. There's a lot of non-anxious people out there anxious about spiders to the point they scream and leave the room if they see a tiny little minding it's own business in the corner of a room. My sister isn't SA or GAD or anyone, but she has a severe needle phobia, and because she's on meds for her rheumatoid arthritis that require monthly blood tests, it's serious a serious problem.

This question came up somewhat on the other site, but I ignored it. I didn't wanna get dragged into a load of whiners moaning about how [BEEP] there life was and how they'd never have sex and having a go at anyone who says otherwise (I'm not saying you're doing that, I don't think you are...but yeah, there's a lot of people on the other site who whine about the same stuff over and over). I think we can learn to think differently, learn how to cope better with situations that make us anxious. We're never going to be totally anxiety free, because nobody in the world is. But I think we can learn to have less of that anxiety, I suppose, a normal level of anxiety rather than anxiety that makes it a major problem.

I am pretty sure that makes no sense whatsoever. I never seem to make sense when I go off on one.
    I like this post and I agree, Otherside.

It is very possible to recover from an anxiety disorder, but still, everyone gets anxiety whether they have SA or not. Anxiety is a normal emotion, but it turns into a disorder when it starts to hold a person back from functioning in their lives properly.

So yes, having far less anxiety is a reasonable goal
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    otherside explained it really well, more than i was gonna put haha

i personally know this to be true from experience.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember times when I was a teenager and terrified. I got stress rashes on my face, panic attacks in the house, at the train station, bus stop, college (before I quit)...wherever. It didn't entirely stop me going places and meeting new people, I got about despite the fear, bits and pieces, not so shabbily in hindsight, I was never like anyone else I knew socially but that never really bothered me before I got so immersed in my diagnosis and mh services. I think alot of what I'm dealing with now is habit, ones that are bad for me, but have become so ingrained, because I stopped doing the things that scared me for so long. I don't believe I will ever be free from anxiety, but I think I can learn to deal with it a different way if I let myself accept the [BEEP] that goes with it and am willing to feel uncertain, afraid and confused. Yeah tempting innit!?! I think learning to live with oneself is universal, anxiety disorder or not. I just hate feeling stuck.

Also ( has occurred to me later ) I do believe genetics has some role with me, only assisted by other factors you understand? I am of course thinking of my own family and our history. I actually get scared that one of my neices (all dearly loved obv) will turn out like me. That is a bit awful, but I hope they don't. I want them to feel sure of themselves and happy in their skins uknow?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, I don't think it is possible to be free from anxiety completely.

Anxiety is a natural reaction. People that pretend that people who have light anxiety, have an illness, are fooling themselves. You don't treat a natural human reaction.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great answers.

Anxiety is a normal, human reaction. I love that people here have voiced that opinion and I remain puzzled by the fact that people who here who claim anxiety is natural still give themselves such a hard time for having been anxious. Anxiety is natural and normal. If you felt it, you're normal. You're also wonderful and unique but that's another story for you to write.

If anxiety is holding you back in life, that can be worked on. You get anxious sometimes. Question is not whether you get anxious but whether anxiety gets you or not. Does it get your life or do you live your life even though you sometimes get anxious?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think for those of us who have suffered with an anxiety disorder for a long time, it will never entirely dissipate. I'm sure there are some people out there who are completely rid of such major problems after battling it for so long, but I honestly believe my condition will never 'lift' and I'll just have to learn to cope with it.

Anxiety itself is something that effects everybody on an almost daily basis, obviously in most of our cases it's more severe, but it'll never completely go away. It's a psychological state that we'll all endure for a very long time to come.

It's daunting, but that's life.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.