Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blood Omen 2. It took me a while but I'm finally at the Sarafan Lord. I'm also replaying all the Metal Slug games. The third one? My god, the third one.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I played through the Tomb Raider reboot recently and I enjoyed it, but it didn't feel quite like a Tomb Raider game due to having a heavier emphasis on combat and both fewer and more simple puzzles compared to its predecessors (environmental traversal elements were on par, I'd say).

I've also started replaying RAGE...

...although I may put it on the back burner to finish of Tomb Raider: Underworld first.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finished Tomb Raider: Underworld, which was rather short and felt a bit janky and rushed — maybe because they knew the series was going to get a reboot and they just wanted to finish off the old storyline. Still, I thought it was a decent game despite its flaws.

After finishing Underworld I decided to play through I Am Alive, which is something I've had sitting in my backlog for a while. Not a long game, so it didn't take too long to get through. It has some good ideas, but it's obvious that the game had to be scaled back to get released. I believe it was originally intended to be a full retail title but development got cut short and they had to turn what they had into something that resembled a finished product. The game has a good post-apocalyptic aesthetic but the graphics are pretty sub-par in various areas, presumably because of time and budget constraints as well as having to squeeze the game into the size constraints imposed on Xbox Live Arcade titles. The ending also feels like they just had to pick a spot halfway through the originally planned story to end the game on and then slap something extra on it before the credits rolled, which ultimately ends up being somewhat unsatisfying.

I might run through Alan Wake's American Nightmare next to get another short game from my backlog out of the way before trying to move on to something more significant.

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I played through Deadlight and enjoyed it despite its rough edges. It has some nice art direction, music, and overall atmosphere but the controls are a little clunky and sometimes lead to me feeling like having to reload a checkpoint was the games fault. The writing and and voice acting also leaves something to be desired more often than not, but I suppose it serves its purpose well enough.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been trying to play Total Overdose but I can't get the gosh darn thing to work. I keep getting an error about the "screen input". What really gets my goat is that I managed to fix it a while ago but I don't know how to do it again.

I've tried getting back into playing MMORPGs and I started playing Grand Chase again. I'm a little bit sad that I had to start from scratch but at least all the characters are available at the beginning instead of having to work to unlock the ones I want.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Played through the main mission in the PC version of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. I enjoyed it even though it's pretty much just a glorified demo masquerading as a prologue to MGSV proper. I must say, it looks quite nice running on my aging system—runs pretty well, too. I want to upgrade, but I'm glad some newer titles haven't been making me feel too bad about my current hardware. I'll go back and finish the extra "missions" after I've put some time into some other games.

I've also been playing This War of Mine and Strider.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    For some reason, I keep playing Civilization 5.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    For some reason, I keep playing Civilization 5.
    Just...one...more...turn...and then at some point you you look at the clock and it's four hours later. Civilization is great, but Gandhi is a jerk. ¬_¬

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Lame video game time. I am officially addicted to single person Scrabble. It's like if I don't get at least 400 points in the game, my life is over.

Is there such a thing as Scrabble Anonymous?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    Lame video game time. I am officially addicted to single person Scrabble. It's like if I don't get at least 400 points in the game, my life is over.

Is there such a thing as Scrabble Anonymous?
    Hey now, there ain't nothing wrong with word games. Scrabble proudly, aspiring wordsmith.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Inscrutable Banana View Post
    Scrabble proudly, aspiring wordsmith.
    This made me laugh.

Thanks for cheering me up.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finished Strider (2014) recently. It starts off a bit slow but picks up once you have most of the upgrades and encounter more enemy types. I find the art style to be a little bland at times, but it does look rather nice in spots. It's also not a particularly difficult game on normal, you can kind of just run around and mash attack for large portions of it without any real consequence and I've read that hard mode isn't significantly more difficult. Overall, I enjoyed it.

I managed to break the game by killing the first form of the final boss at the same time as I died which caused the game to dump me at a partially loaded level for the next segment with the camera moving away from the level geometry until it finally crashed. When I loaded it back up my previous checkpoint was before entering the final area and I didn't feel like playing through it again right away, so I took a break for a few days before going back to finish it. ¬_¬

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.