Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote CeltAngel View Post
    I had a big sloppy, cleansing cry.

Today would've been my father's birthday. Although it's been a few years now since he left us, it still hurts (always will to some extent, I'm sure), especially at this time of year. Generally, in the last few years, I've felt a little melancholy, but have remained pretty composed. For some reason, the emotions were bigger than they have been in a long time, this time around.

I just let it go.... It was messy.... I even hid in the bathroom from my partner because I just wanted to be alone to ugly cry to the greatest extent that I possibly could. Although I accepted her comfort when I came back out.... I don't know, sometimes it just feels like there are some parts of grief that need to be processed alone. I feel better now. I spoke to him, like I always do, and now I feel like I'm ready to get back to "normal".

It's maybe not as practical as a lot of the other wonderful, positive actions people have taken in this thread, but I feel that it was a very healthy thing to do and I wanted to share that.
    I have one of these ugly cries every year during a certain passing of someone that was very close to me. It's been 13 years and each birthday feels raw again. After my cry and the day is over I feel a lot better though

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote TuanJie View Post
    Still at it. Had a couple of pretty rough days due to the start of doxazosin in an attempt to improve sleep. It's an off-label use of this blood pressure medication, so I was afraid to exercise. And frankly, not able to do so cause of the state I was in. Today is a bit better, so I decided to give my usual workout a go. I'm relieved I've been able to get away with it without fainting or any such thing. I just have to be a bit more careful, but that's no big deal. Happy with a better day and being able to exercise again. Now for some more reps...

I wonder if a protein drink or something with caffeine would help during work outs unless that makes you more anxious?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Called the landlord this morning and asked them to repair the hot water. Theyve said theyve contacted a repairman who will hopefully ring to arrange a time to gain access to it. Seems silly that I get anxious over just calling then to ask to do that. :/

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Well done Hopefully they fix it soon

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Total Eclipse View Post
    After my cry and the day is over I feel a lot better though
    That is exactly where I'm at right now.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    That is exactly where I'm at right now.
    I'm glad

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Well done Hopefully they fix it soon

I know hot water is something that is an essential, isnt a minor thing -but I always feel like I'm bothering them about something unimportant. :/

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post

I know hot water is something that is an essential, isnt a minor thing -but I always feel like I'm bothering them about something unimportant. :/

100% Important. Plus you are paying them rent. They should fix even minor issues!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    @Total Eclipse
    You're making sense. Caffeine has a much more jittery effect with these meds thus far though, even though I take my first cup of tea with L-theanine. Could be just an adjustment phase. Hell, I kinda feel sorry for my body for this dysregulation, lol. I usually have had one meal with protein before I start working out. I don't know to what extent the meds override attempts to raise blood pressure this long after I took them, but my heart is working harder when I get up quickly and such. I think I'll start taking them earlier because they haven't kicked in when I go to bed but are side-effecting quite long into the day. Half life is 16-22 hours...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote TuanJie View Post
    @Total Eclipse
    You're making sense. Caffeine has a much more jittery effect with these meds thus far though, even though I take my first cup of tea with L-theanine. Could be just an adjustment phase. Hell, I kinda feel sorry for my body for this dysregulation, lol. I usually have had one meal with protein before I start working out. I don't know to what extent the meds override attempts to raise blood pressure this long after I took them, but my heart is working harder when I get up quickly and such. I think I'll start taking them earlier because they haven't kicked in when I go to bed but are side-effecting quite long into the day. Half life is 16-22 hours...
    Is it also possible your not drinking enough fluids/ salt on this new medicine? I'm on a heart medicine for heart reasons and doctor at the very least (he wants me to do 2 gallons a day NO WAY CAN I DO THAT) recommends 1 gallon of water a day with electrolytes in it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Hope you enjoy(ed) it!
    I did, it took a bit to sink in and write a reply, I'll likely write an more in-depth one later.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    @Total Eclipse
    Two gallons! The woman/man has got to be kidding! Wouldn't be surprised if that's harmful. It's the dose that makes the poison...
    Both fluid and electrolytes should be covered. I've learned my lesson after the second kidney stone and created a habit of drinking enough. For the same reason I take citrates to prevent stones from forming. I'm in ketosis at the moment (which is a tricky combo with stones) so I have to keep my electrolytes up anyway. I know how it feels if they are too low. This feels different. I've been able to do handstand-pushups without getting dizzy, so I guess blood pressure shouldn't be too much of a problem. Unusual things with the heartbeat are listed in the list with side-effects. I'm not too worried. It's only day five of this experiment and some weird stuff is to be expected. Have you been able to manage the heart issue?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote TuanJie View Post
    @Total Eclipse
    Two gallons! The woman/man has got to be kidding! Wouldn't be surprised if that's harmful. It's the dose that makes the poison...
    Both fluid and electrolytes should be covered. I've learned my lesson after the second kidney stone and created a habit of drinking enough. For the same reason I take citrates to prevent stones from forming. I'm in ketosis at the moment (which is a tricky combo with stones) so I have to keep my electrolytes up anyway. I know how it feels if they are too low. This feels different. I've been able to do handstand-pushups without getting dizzy, so I guess blood pressure shouldn't be too much of a problem. Unusual things with the heartbeat are listed in the list with side-effects. I'm not too worried. It's only day five of this experiment and some weird stuff is to be expected. Have you been able to manage the heart issue?
    The 2 gallons came from a cardiologist too I can't get more than a liter down me. This is what he last wrote:

- Raise head of bed 6” at night
    -Wear thigh high compression stockings, 30-40mmHg, by day only
    -Wear abdominal binder by day only
    -Increase fluid intake to 1 gallon per day, 1/2 pure water, 1/2 electrolyte based
    -Increase salt intake to 8-10 g per day
    -Graded Exercise Tolerance training

and on wait list for a heart pacemaker.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I did, it took a bit to sink in and write a reply, I'll likely write an more in-depth one later.
    Cool, I look forward to it.

Even if you don't get around to doing that, I'll just say that I'm glad that you enjoyed it and that I'm sorry for your loss.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    @Total Eclipse
    Gosh, that doesn't sound like fun. Not a too insanely long waiting list, I hope? You seem remarkably positive under these conditions. *tips his hat to the lady*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    EnviousEnvious
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    work wasn't too bad today

Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.