Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems I've been this way my entire life. It is who I am.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    5 Years.

Ont Mon's Avatar •_•
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've always been shy and quiet, but it only started becoming problematic in 2007. So almost 6 years.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My anxiety started last summer while I was pregnant, and got even worse when I had my baby, now it is an everyday thing, I guess having three kids under the age of 5 is too much for me to handle, but I do it, I have medication for when it gets too bad that I can't handle the attacks, usually I get it worse at night so I take meds then, I am not sure why, I think it's because I have to put my boyfriend in charge of the baby who is 6 months old now, and I don't trust him. But part of me knows she is okay and that I will wake up if he isn't awake, I always wake up when he isn't awake, funny how my mind does that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Though my whole life I have been depressed, I remember going to doctors and hospitals when I was just 4 yrs old, about 5 yrs ago I found out I was bipolar, medication saved my life. but the crazy anxiety I have is new and I hate it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would say so when I was a kid. Although its arguable if I have anxiety now. I think as a kid I had anxiety, but now I think I can just be more shy...

I mean it's enough to struggle to get a "hi" out and I mean, I still have no friends, I have a boyfriend, which the only way I was able to meet him was by using an online dating site.

I mean I'm not complaining, being in a relationship is great and is the only thing I ever wanted...but I would also like to have my own friends as own life. My bf has his own life and friends, he's the only person in mine (not including family)...and I wish I had the same

shyVr6's Avatar Masking The Calm
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since I was a kid.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    First Memory of OCD , I was about 7/8, so I must be predisposed to anxiety problems. I was shy in high school. I started to get more and more socially anxious because the people in my class where horrible. I pretended to be sick at times because I was afraid of them. I gradually developed social anxiety disorder. I was 13.

My habit of trying to predict what i did wrong and the outcome (this is major cause of my anxiety disorders) came from those same people. Essentially I had to learn how to predict when I was going to do badly and cry before hand so that I did not have people laughing and sneering at me for crying and then later talking about me behind my back etc. I had to predict how to So that's where the cognitive part originated. Also people overreacting to me showing emotions in general caused that.

Essentially they caused my anxiety disorder.

And then after rumors about me and people in general being nasty, I got depressed too. Which made anxiety worse.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had shyness that turned into social anxiety in 2006. Before then, I was shy, but was able to make friends and have an active social life.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Um, I'm not sure.

Probably yes, I have had social anxiety since I was a kid I think. I remember in pre-school having some kind of social anxiety, but I suspect it is something like mild Aspergers that was never diagnosed. I think something doesn't work right in my brain and it only has caused me anxiety as a side effect.

I don't think "anxiety" is the real problem. I'm not sure though. I never managed to get somebody to help me sort it out. Nobody bothers to diagnose mental illness thoroughly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.