Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mac vs. PC

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    Skydrive is a cloud service where you store whatever you want, for either free or a "pay as you store more" fee. It's part of Cloud Computing, kind of like iTunes Match or Google Music for mp3s, except you're storing actual files rather than music.

I run Skydrive on all my computers and phones, and can drop things from my phone into Skydrive and it'll instantaneously show up on my computers. I can also pull things from my computers to my phone, and share them anywhere. It's useful for businesses and college students.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but just wanted to tell you what it is.

And the reason why Windows is going towards Apps is that they're trying to sync things from their Windows Phone to their Windows OS. It makes it easier for those who have Windows 8 phones to play games and have things stored easily. It's meaningless for me, though, because I have an Android phone.
    Ah, okay. I have an Android as well, so it's kinda useless for me too.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as Mac vs. PC goes, I'd like to get a Mac. If nothing else than to say I have one.

I think they're about equal, but as a computer programmer, I spend a lot of time working with Windows programs...so, naturally, I would gravitate towards the PC.

Arthur Dent's Avatar Monkey man
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PC, the friend of pirate copies <.<

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Arthur Dent View Post
    PC, the friend of pirate copies <.<
    Actually, this is kind of a funny story...

I downloaded a legal copy of Windows 7 Pro for my Dell laptop (the second one, that my mom is currently using.) Well, she called me into the room about three days ago, and said a message had popped up. I looked at it, and it said that it couldn't install updates because it wasn't sure if the copy of Windows 7 Pro I had was legal LOL.

I verified it was legal, but it's sad that Windows has to pop up message boxes like that. Especially when it was legal. Makes me wonder what happens to all the people who pirate Windows from The Pirate Bay?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

I downloaded a legal copy of Windows 7 Pro for my Dell laptop (the second one, that my mom is currently using.) Well, she called me into the room about three days ago, and said a message had popped up. I looked at it, and it said that it couldn't install updates because it wasn't sure if the copy of Windows 7 Pro I had was legal LOL.

I verified it was legal, but it's sad that Windows has to pop up message boxes like that. Especially when it was legal. Makes me wonder what happens to all the people who pirate Windows from The Pirate Bay?
    I suppose you get the updates from the pirate bay, along with a whole load of Trojans, worms, viruses and a piece of malware that locks up your computer accusing you of being a terrorist and requires you to pay £100 to unlock it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I suppose so. That's why I buy rather than illegally download, most of the time.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

If you DL a copy of Win 7, then activate it with Daz's bootloader, I believe it changes the key and comes out totally valid. 7 is the easiest OS to pirate, it seems.
    Havent exactly tested that, bit i did use it to install my bought copy of WIn7 ultimate to multiple PC's, cuz [BEEP] that i'm not buying a copy every time I build a new computer, nor upgrading my hardware.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Bluepanda View Post
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Skippy, just a random question...and I should probably pm it to you, but here goes...

I have an old computer that I want to install Windows XP on. I have a 34 GB internal hard drive, a CD Rom Drive, and a tower...and not much else. I can probably boot the installation from a USB drive, but I've already installed Linux Ubuntu on it, and I want to overwrite it. Can I do that?

I've been struggling with this. I attached it to my newer Desktop, which is how I got Linux onto it, but Windows will not recognize that I want to install an older system, because I have Windows 8 on here...and it says that I can't roll back (don't want it on the main drive, I want it on the drive that I remove to plug into the computer I built from parts.)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote CeCe View Post
    Apple fucking sucks!
    C'mon tell us how you really feel!
    I tend to agree.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Time to get some microsoft hate in here!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Microsoft designs ideas. Apple designs a brand.

It's easy to see, one is creative while the other one is flashy.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to bump this, but I may (may) be getting a Mac.

My laptop died, and I got some money refunded for a new laptop. I also have a discount from the college bookstore, since I am a college student...so I may be able to afford a Macbook Pro. I've been walking on air since I found out.

I'm not going over to the darkside completely, because I still will need Windows for my coding and schoolwork. I probably will use both OS, but the time I've spent using a Mac, it is so much easier.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I hate to bump this, but I may (may) be getting a Mac.

My laptop died, and I got some money refunded for a new laptop. I also have a discount from the college bookstore, since I am a college student...so I may be able to afford a Macbook Pro. I've been walking on air since I found out.

I'm not going over to the darkside completely, because I still will need Windows for my coding and schoolwork. I probably will use both OS, but the time I've spent using a Mac, it is so much easier.
    Yes come to the dark side and join us!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.