Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    Two bad ones. With one, the interviewer pointed out I was very 'reserved', and it went downhill from there. I panicked, felt very self-conscious and became 10 x more awkward than I had been to start with. I got a second interview by a more important person after this, we had a more comfortable rapport and she did give me the job. The other was so short because they ruled me out within 5 minutes (no joke). I was interviewed by 2 people though one did all the talking while the other sat and watched. I felt like I had dressed wrong because they looked me up and down when I walked in. Then I proceeded to put my foot in my mouth multiple times, failed to focus on my attributes and instead was dismissive about them, was inappropriately self-depreciating and inappropriately highlighted my skills that lay elsewhere. Then they asked me pragmatic questions about transport and free hours and I came across as reluctant about embracing their job opportunities. To be honest it was a shitty job that I didn't want and I was in a compromising situation. I had 0 interest in it. It showed. Not my fault.
    Pointing out that you're shy never seems to help calm your nerves for some reason. Its also hard to brag when you're not a boastful type. My former boss got upset at me one time when she was introducing me to some guests as her "data expert", and I quickly muttered "oh, I'm no expert!" She looked at me with an annoyed expression like "How dare you question my judgement!" I learned overtime that you have to own up to your achievements and not downplay or deny the grandiose claims of potential or current employers for your professional well-being. Its all a matter of acting.

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably the time I failed the Polygraph, it was for a data entry position in a prison. They thought I did meth since I had lived in Albuquerque for some reason. Anxious people and polygraphs don't mix, I must have looked like such a liar.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    For a General Manager position at a Walmart store by the District manager. I still feel the urge to vomit!
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.