Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi. Im new. My question is am I the only one???

Hi everyone. I have been experiencing panic attacks most of my life. They have been coming and going for years. Currently, I'm having them every morning before work. Usually, I start having difficulty breathing, start gagging and then become sick. This is happening every day. I spoke with my primary who has prescribed medication. My former psychiatrist thought my gagging and vomiting was physical, not psychological. My primary (who i agreed with) thinks that the gagging a vomiting are from stress, ie. panic attacks. After many appointments between the two, the psychiatrist expressed that he still believed it was physical. Eventually, he expressed that the only thing that would help me is to walk daily. I wound up leaving the psychiatrist and ending treatment. My primary has been basically treating me since. The good news is that I spoke with my primary on Thursday and he gave me the name of a different psychiatrist. I called her and have an appointment scheduled. Can anyone tell me if they experience the symptoms Im experiencing (gagging and getting sick)? I feel like Im the only one.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I don't experience it myself, but I've heard of people being sick during a panic attack. The difficultly breathing though I get during a panic attack, it's common. I used to gag a lot when I had them when I was younger, not so much now. never actually been sick.

If they think you being sick though is physical, have they done any tests to see what it could be? Maybe even just a simple blood test may tell them what's up. My pscyhiatrist has had be do a blood test at times to check there is nothing phsyical causing anxiety.

Welcome to Anxiety Space, anyway.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks so much for your reply!!! I think what you said is a good idea. Take care Otherside!!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Welcome, JSI65!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks

Quote Ironman View Post
    Welcome, JSI65!
    Thanks Ironman

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forums! =]

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Skippy

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes I have felt like vomiting many times because of anxiety.You know the vomit in your mouth taste? ... Ive also got diareha from it. Blurry vision. Many other physical symptoms.

If the anxiety problems only occur on the way to work, it seems that the problem could be ie:

walking
    car
    anxiety problems associated with work.
    mornings
    Pollen near work

If it does not occur in the weekend, then you can rule out mornings as a cause.

If you go for a walk in the weekend and no anxiety, you can rule that out. If there were something wrong with your legs, it would not matter where you were walking.

If you go for a drive in the weekend and no anxiety you can rule that out.

If you arent allergic to pollen, then pollens near work aren't the problem.

You see the methodology?

Because your anxiety seems to be situation specific you can list all of the things you do between waking up and work. Eliminate things from the list by isolating them.

Then you end up with a smaller number of possible reasons. You may find out whether the cause is physical or mentally related.

I would suggest if nothing can be thought of, the likely conclusion is panic disorder or some sort where you are afraid of having panic attacks so you have panic attacks.

Or you have something wrong with ie sinuses causing you to feel like vomiting and causing the choking. Sinusitis or something? Even hayfever can cause you to feel sick .Then you become afraid of chocking and have panic attacks.

If you can conclude whether its physical or psychological,and the aproximate cause it will be easier to diagnose.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, first of all hello.

I experience shortness of breath, sort of gagging, I have never vomited but I often feel like I might,

My friend's daughter does throw up due to anxiety.

I'm wondering why walking was prescribed.

I had a segment of time where I was having panic attacks at my job, I even was having one in the office of a very high level person.
    Work causes stress because people must make money and continue to do the job even if the job isn't the right place for us to be.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Welcome aboard!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.