Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote metamorphosis View Post
    Looking through medscape for that singular paper might take me days unless I know the key words. I know you are pretty organized with your filing system. Well my computers storage space would look like that locker in school where sh*t is falling out everywhere. And I do not want to do a computer restore ;p. I'll go to medscape and the pubmed general database. I would love to be paid for somehow as a researcher.$$$ ;D Umm, the prescription assistance program is paid for by the company usually.
    Did some digging, this is what I could find on long acting stimulant comparisons on medscape, unfortunately there was a lack of articles comparing head-to-head pharmcokinetic differences in more depth (Cmax, Tmax, t2, AUC, etc.):

Options for the Management of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity (ADHD)

New-Generation Long-Acting Stimulants for the Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder

Concerta (Methylphenidate OROS Tablets)
    The tablet has an outer coating of methylphenidate that is absorbed rapidly after ingestion, providing approximately 20% of the dose immediately.[1–6] After the coating has dissolved, penetration of gastric fluid through the semipermeable outer membrane expands an osmotic agent in the push layer of the core, causing it to slowly force the methylphenidate contained in the core out a laser-drilled opening in the tablet over 12 hours.

Following oral doses of Concerta 18 mg, mean methylphenidate plasma concentrations increased rapidly over the first 2 hours, followed by a slower increase for the next 3-4 hours followed by a gradual decline thereafter. Peak concentrations were reached at 6-8 hours and gradually declined to baseline by 24 hours (Figure 1). This pharmacokinetic profile, with lower peak concentrations than either the 3-times-daily immediate-release or sustained-release formulations, eliminates the large fluctuations associated with these older preparations, securing continued clinical control without the well known "peaks and valleys" of the immediate-release formulation.
    Metadate CD
    Metadate CD® is a Diffucaps® formulation, a mix of 30% immediate-release beads and 70% delayed-release beads that deliver methylphenidate over approximately an 8 to 10 hour period. The delayed-release beads dissolve more slowly and are typically absorbed in the intestine.
    Ritalin LA
    Coated beads are designed to release drug in two relatively equal amounts over approximately an 8 to 10 hour period. With the spheroidal oral drug absorption system (SODAS®) technology used for this preparation, 50% of the beads are immediate-release and 50% are enteric-coated delayed-release beads that dissolve more slowly in the intestine. This provides an initial peak serum concentration shortly after administration and a second peak at 4 hours.
    Focalin XR
    Dexmethylphenidate, the active d-enantiomer of methylphenidate, is also available in a once-daily capsule formulation (Focalin XR®) which uses SODAS® technology. This product provides drug release over an 8 to 12 hour period, with an initial peak at approximate 1½ hrs and a second peak at 6.5 hrs (range 4.5–7 hrs).
    Daytrana
    The Daytrana® transdermal patch was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2006. The three layer patch consists of a polyester/ethylene vinyl acetate laminate film backing, an adhesive layer that contains methylphenidate combined with acrylic and silicone adhesives, and a protective liner that is removed prior to application. Dose varies by patch size. The patch is designed to be worn for 9 hours to provide 12 hours of symptom control, but adjustment of wear times to tailor duration remains the primary reason for selecting this formulation.
    Adderall XR
    The branded mixed dextroamphetamine salts product, Adderall XR®, uses Microtrol® technology to provide an 8–10 hour duration.[1–3] Half of the beads within the capsule are immediate-release; the remaining beads are coated with a polymer that degrades in the higher pH of the intestine which prolongs absorption and results in sustained drug effect. Generic versions of mixed dextroamphetamine salts are available with similar absorption characteristics.
    Vyvanse
    In 2008, a prodrug of dextroamphetamine, lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse®), was introduced in the US. The prodrug is inactive until hydrolyzed in the blood and liver to dextroamphetamine and the amino acid l-lysine.The product was designed to reduce the potential for abuse, but also provides a prolonged duration of action (up to 13 hours in some patients)

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tried booze and pot like you said; didn't help. What a crummy recommendation, Christian, you're a bad influence.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote VickieKitties View Post
    Tried booze and pot like you said; didn't help. What a crummy recommendation, Christian, you're a bad influence.
    Yo, don't put that on me. I never said that. In fact, I think you were stoned and dethroned, when we talked. And besides I said only Patron tequila, not that plastic bottle, vodka sh*t. Ahhh, next time you're going to have to write this stuff down but for now, I'll just make you a nice med. concoction. That I invented myself It is very good for SA, GAD, and most importantly antisocial personality disorder!
    Free of charge this time' cause I care!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Equinox View Post
    Did some digging, this is what I could find on long acting stimulant comparisons on medscape, unfortunately there was a lack of articles comparing head-to-head pharmcokinetic differences in more depth (Cmax, Tmax, t2, AUC, etc.):

Options for the Management of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity (ADHD)

New-Generation Long-Acting Stimulants for the Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder

Concerta (Methylphenidate OROS Tablets)

Metadate CD

Ritalin LA

Focalin XR

Daytrana

Adderall XR

Vyvanse
    Thanks for the links.
    Now I recall someone mentioning how long Vyvanse took to release into their system. That would definitely be an early morning drug. Like even before the birds even start chirping. I want to stay away from any non-amp., methylphenidates to many undesirable physical symptoms.
    What is your take overall on Adderall XR vs. Vyvanse or even Focalin. The side-effects of the straight Ritalin would be greatly decreased with an extended release!
    I have used IR Dex. and it definitely helps me focus. I have also used Adderall XR. It was a long time ago but I liked the steady and more baseline release that I felt. Thats why I'm leaning toward the amp salts.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote metamorphosis View Post
    Thanks for the links.
    Now I recall someone mentioning how long Vyvanse took to release into their system. That would definitely be an early morning drug. Like even before the birds even start chirping. I want to stay away from any non-amp., methylphenidates to many undesirable physical symptoms.
    What is your take overall on Adderall XR vs. Vyvanse or even Focalin. The side-effects of the straight Ritalin would be greatly decreased with an extended release!
    I have used IR Dex. and it definitely helps me focus. I have also used Adderall XR. It was a long time ago but I liked the steady and more baseline release that I felt. Thats why I'm leaning toward the amp salts.
    Unless you tolerate Focalin (the d-enantiomer of methylphenidate) better, which some people do, then yeah that rules out the MPH products. I assume dexedrine extended release spansules would be your most ideal, but given the stimulant shortage in the US it's hard to come by these days if I recall correctly? As for Adderal XR, well if you found it helped a few years ago then I assume it still would, it comes in generic form so it's probably cheap. It also depends on your insomnia I guess, you might want something that's out of your system before you sleep, which is where IR stimulants have a benefit. Without trying most of them I can only speak theoretically, certainly d-enantiomers are said to be less anxiogenic, which probably puts Vyvanse, Dexedrine, and Focalin preparations in the lead.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    bbbbump! For anyone else, I am interested in hearing what you have to say, medwise!
    What med. or combination of meds. have really helped you with SA, GAD, depression, Bipolar etc.? Are there any medications you would like to try but haven't yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.