Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Cherry Almond Granola Bars

1 ? cups rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
    3/4 cup slivered almonds (or chopped raw almonds)
    2/3 cup packed pitted dates, measured after pitting (deglet noor or medjool // ~7-8 large medjool dates as the original recipe is written)
    1/3 cup packed dried tart cherries (unsweetened if possible, or sub other tart dried fruit // plus more for topping)
    1/4 cup seeds of choice (we love flax, hemp, sesame, and chia)
    1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
    1/4 cup creamy salted natural almond butter (just almonds + salt)
    1 Tbsp coconut oil
    1 healthy pinch sea salt
    1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
    Instructions

Heat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line an 8?8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.

Add your oats and almonds to a bare baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
    Add dates and dried fruit to a food processor and mix until small bits remain or a ball forms ? ~20 seconds. It should be quite tacky / sticky.

Add the toasted oats and almonds to a large mixing bowl along with the date-fruit mixture and the seeds. Set aside.
    In a small saucepan over low heat, warm maple syrup, almond butter, and oil, stirring until creamy and smooth. Then remove from heat, add a pinch of salt and vanilla (optional), and stir again to combine.

Pour into the large mixing bowl and then mix, breaking up the date-fruit mixture to disperse throughout (option to add 1 more handful of dried cherries to the mix). Use a spoon or your hands to mix thoroughly. It should be very tacky and hold its shape when squeezed between two fingers. If too dry or crumbly, add a bit more maple syrup and/or almond butter and continue mixing.

Transfer to the prepared 8?8-inch dish and use a wooden spoon or your hands to disperse into an even layer. Cover with parchment and press down with something flat, such as a drinking glass, to get the mixture packed really tightly. This will prevent the bars from being crumbly. Chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.

Remove bars from dish and chop into 12 even bars (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size). Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 2 months. They travel fine if taking on-the-go, though they keep their shape best right out of the freezer or refrigerator.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Not a recipe but: if you buy medjool dates and can't get through the whole box in good time (I can't), freeze the rest. A medjool date straight from the freezer tastes like chewy caramel candy.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote rabidfoxes View Post
    Not a recipe but: if you buy medjool dates and can't get through the whole box in good time (I can't), freeze the rest. A medjool date straight from the freezer tastes like chewy caramel candy.

That actually sounds nice, might do that the next time I get a box.

I generally get through them all though, hahah. Love medjool dates.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Flavor View Post
    Cherry Almond Granola Bars
    I made these a while ago. They didn't hold well together but it was totally my own fault, I deviated from the recipe somewhat. Loved tart cherries, might buy them more often since now I know where to find them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.