Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It's invisible

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What I really really dont understand is why they do group therapy, but not group exposure therapy (social anxiety disorder or other anxiety disorders). Or even someone helps you while you do exposure therapy. I just cant understand how its beneficial for someone to tell you go do this in therapy. Correct me if im wrong but essentially they are giving you CBT and you do exposure therapy all by yourself is what it sounds like.

I dont understand because exposure is harder than CBT, why is the patient doing it all by themselves? Yet they invent all of this new technology, but no one thinks hey maybe if I support this person while they are doing the exposure it will help them a lot. Hey maybe human beings feel comforted with support in a terrifying situation? No. We dont know that for certain, need to do extensive testing first, . If someone can do it by themselves after reading a book then pretty much any understanding sympathetic person after reading a book can help someone do exposure therapy for anxiety disorders.

When I goggled group exposure therapy all I got was a post traumatic stress exposure therapy group trail, which was very successful despite the risk of triggering etc.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, there should be more exposure therapy.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's the invisible disease, and something that a lot of people believe doesn't really exist.

It's sad how the mental health services are in this country. Awful.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Therapy really hasn't done much for me. I don't even know why I still go. I guess it's something to do. I like my therapist. She's done more for me than any other therapist has. She's given me some handouts and exercises, and that's more than any other therapist has done, but overall I've gotten worse since I've been in therapy. It seems like a lot of therapists don't like their clients.

SSRI's are pretty much useless. I think I've tried almost every one. Benzos work for a while, but quickly you build up a tolerance, and they don't work anymore.

Exercising is good. It works.

Creative projects work. It doesn't matter what it is. If it's creative, I love it.

When I was at university and I was getting good grades and I thought there was a good future before me I was better.

Owning my own business works. It's my only option. I can't work for someone else because of my multiple disabilities, both physical and mental.

Having a routine helps.

Having goals is huge. I live for my goals.
    I don't get a signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.