Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote takethebiscuit View Post
    SAS is trolled on a regular basis by women haters and people whose intention is to upset people, bully people and make other people feel as bad as they feel.

I see no evidence that the mods on SAS receive any support from admin which makes policing the trolls hard. It's not just a few trolls over on SAS. There are communities of trolls who actively and deliberately attack SAS on a regular basis.

I would strongly advise members of this site to be very careful on SAS and not take any "odd" replies that they might get to their posts seriously. Should you feel you are being trolled on SAS, let their admins and mods know and, if necessary, leave SAS.

It annoys me that people who need support for their efforts to overcome their anxiety are instead getting this trolling crap on SAS.

Just wanted to point out in your post. It isn't the moderators (who are trying the best they can to moderate the best they can giving what they've got). It's the trolls and lack of admins helping and supporting the community through the time and figuring out how to stop it, that keeps it going.

Don't be afraid to speak up on the site about the issues, even if it's a polite message on "contact us" at the bottom of the page to the site and telling admins how you feel.

Re @ hitgirl yeah, it might be best not to name those names we don't need them finding us over here :-)

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Evo1114 View Post
    I don't know if they need a female mod over there or what could be done.
    I agree female mods are needed on there (only 2 mods atm even on the site). It needs to be a balance of at least 5 moderators, really.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote delete View Post
    Just wanted to point out in your post. It isn't the moderators (who are trying the best they can to moderate the best they can giving what they've got). It's the trolls and lack of admins helping and supporting the community through the time and figuring out how to stop it, that keeps it going.

Don't be afraid to speak up on the site about the issues, even if it's a polite message on "contact us" at the bottom of the page to the site and telling admins how you feel.

Re @ hitgirl yeah, it might be best not to name those names we don't need them finding us over here :-)
    You're right. It's like a troll's playground on SAS at the moment. It's got to be hard for the mods to deal with the trolls when they get no admin support and the trolls are organised rather than simply being one or two angry jerks with spare time on their hands.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Fizzy Doom View Post
    You should invite them over here via PM.
    I discussed this with one of the good users from that site, but we need either a list of people that are cleared to invite or a list of d-bags. I know it might seem mean and cliquey, but the users who would make the list not to be cleared to invite probably don't even have SA anyway. That's just my personal opinion, but it's probably not that far from the truth either.

Quote Evo1114 View Post
    Agree with the above.

I don't really need too much help with anything, but if I ever did need any help, I certainly wouldn't bother asking for it over there. I have a friend on there who asked a legitimate question about something she was feeling incredibly anxious about and out of about 20 responses, maybe 2 were not sarcastic. I think the female posters are treated horrendously over there. I don't know if they need a female mod over there or what could be done.

I think it is more of a website to try and become popular than it is to actually find assistance and to assist others in need. Yesterday there was this joke thread praising a user over there...I made a sarcastic joke going against the grain and I got jumped on by everybody. Lol. Since I'm not part of the clique, I guess I wasn't allowed to make a joke. ??? If people feel the need to advertise themselves with thread after thread seeking attention, they damn well better be prepared for some detractors...even though I was joking. If you aren't part of that teenage clique over there, you better not even bother posting. I'll still try and help people...I know there are definitely some people who are genuinely on there to seek help and I'll continue to try and help where I can.

It's sad that you could have somebody who is suicidal because of their struggles and then have this large troll clique with these joke responses or putting the poster down. Besides, you know not everybody will come out and say 'I'm thinking of killing myself', but you kind of have to think that people might feel that way if they don't get the help that they came on such a website for.

What kind of person is somebody to troll people on a mental help forum anyways? Yikes.
    Pretty much all this. And some users there are just plain toxic. I even witnessed a guy one egging on a suicide from another user. Unbelievable. But I wouldn't be surprised at anything from some of the worst users on that site. It's a shame.

It's definitely not the support site they claim. They'd have to do a clean sweep of some of the "regulars" for that to happen. Some of them only visit to troll the site and flame other users.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think a public list is needed.I trust the moderators and admins here know who most of the trolls are and with help from us pm ing them. they can ban their asses xD

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    I am SO sick of the obnoxious, mocking gifs.
    This. I was linked to the site a while ago so I decided to browse and see if I'd missed anything important since leaving. As somebody else mentioned, every thread seems to get derailed. How can SA sufferers feel comfortable posting when you can't tell if the majority of the replies are mocking you or not? One of the threads I clicked on had four gifs on the first page. Come on, there's a time and a place for that.
    Quote Evo1114 View Post
    What kind of person is somebody to troll people on a mental help forum anyways? Yikes.
    Right? Trolls are bad enough as it is, but they can do some serious harm on a mental health forum. It's not just fun and games when you may literally be dealing with peoples lives.
    Quote Hitgirl View Post
    I even witnessed a guy one egging on a suicide from another user. Unbelievable. But I wouldn't be surprised at anything from some of the worst users on that site. It's a shame.
    That's absolutely sickening . I hope you reported them.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Hitgirl View Post
    I discussed this with one of the good users from that site, but we need either a list of people that are cleared to invite or a list of d-bags. I know it might seem mean and cliquey, but the users who would make the list not to be cleared to invite probably don't even have SA anyway. That's just my personal opinion, but it's probably not that far from the truth either.

It's definitely not the support site they claim. They'd have to do a clean sweep of some of the "regulars" for that to happen. Some of them only visit to troll the site and flame other users.
    Quote Muffin View Post
    I dont think a public list is needed.I trust the moderators and admins here know who most of the trolls are and with help from us pm ing them. they can ban their asses xD
    It seems to be a regular that is stalking Tehuti, for example. A lot of the regulars seem to have been banned though, people who it really would have surprised me had they been trolls in any way, shape or form.

I don't know about the list, though. There's a user on here who I don't particularly like much and I don't get on with, but I get the feeling that the mods/admins here aren't gonna put up with any sort of trolling BS. I got banned over there for advertising this site and I pretty much gave the web address to anyone who asked. Most of who I didn't know. But, we get on.

On another note, I can deal with GIF's on the threads that aren't serious, the "last post wins" thread or "the banned game" or any of the other ones that were obviously not serious threads. But when it comes to put a mocking GIF on a thread that's pretty serious...I don't think that's okay.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    That's absolutely sickening . I hope you reported them.
    I did, but as usual, they locked it way too late. I almost know the user saw it. I would hope that someone actually thinking of comitting suicide wouldn't post there anyway because the thread is more likely to be mocked with a "in before the lock" gif or have a user egging them on than the user actually getting some help. The mods there say they follow up on users that post such threads, but I have no idea how they'd do it and rather they could they even help on time.

I guess they lock those for a reason though.

Quote Otherside View Post
    It seems to be a regular that is stalking Tehuti, for example. A lot of the regulars seem to have been banned though, people who it really would have surprised me had they been trolls in any way, shape or form.

I don't know about the list, though. There's a user on here who I don't particularly like much and I don't get on with, but I get the feeling that the mods/admins here aren't gonna put up with any sort of trolling BS. I got banned over there for advertising this site and I pretty much gave the web address to anyone who asked. Most of who I didn't know. But, we get on.

On another note, I can deal with GIF's on the threads that aren't serious, the "last post wins" thread or "the banned game" or any of the other ones that were obviously not serious threads. But when it comes to put a mocking GIF on a thread that's pretty serious...I don't think that's okay.
    Well this may come off as mean, but there's a few users there I wouldn't want to touch this site with a 10 ft poll. And they're not necessarily trolls either. But all their threads start with "women don't like a certain freature", followed by users saying "not all women distain those things", to the OP giving more and more reasons why women don't like him and why he and no one will ever get better. It's never ending. And more importantly, it has little to do with SAD. I would mention that one claims to lack hair, but that's probably be saying to much.

I agree with the sentiments that some users are just there to attention seek though. That's not so bad except for those users are usually not very supportive and are very quick to jump on other users that may need help. It's slowly becoming like any other forum which is not good.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Hitgirl View Post
    I did, but as usual, they locked it way too late. I almost know the user saw it. I would hope that someone actually thinking of comitting suicide wouldn't post there anyway because the thread is more likely to be mocked with a "in before the lock" gif or have a user egging them on than the user actually getting some help. The mods there say they follow up on users that post such threads, but I have no idea how they'd do it and rather they could they even help on time.

Well this may come off as mean, but there's a few users there I wouldn't want to touch this site with a 10 ft poll. And they're not necessarily trolls either. But all their threads start with "women don't like a certain freature", followed by users saying "not all women distain those things", to the OP giving more and more reasons why women don't like him and why he and no one will ever get better. It's never ending. And more importantly, it has little to do with SAD. I would mention that one claims to lack hair, but that's probably be saying to much.

I agree with the sentiments that some users are just there to attention seek though. That's not so bad except for those users are usually not very supportive and are very quick to jump on other users that may need help. It's slowly becoming like any other forum which is not good.
    Many of the users on SAS who won't stop with the "women don't like a certain feature" threads are actually trolls. It's not so much causing arguments for those trolls. They want to upset people, make people feel as bad as they do and hit out in anger at women. I strongly advise against getting into any kind of debate or discussion with those posters because nothing is going to change their minds and they have very short fuses. Those trolls also abuse people's photos that they find online so be very careful what information you give out when posting on threads started by those trolls.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Hitgirl View Post

Many of the users on SAS who won't stop with the "women don't like a certain feature" threads are actually trolls. It's not so much causing arguments for those trolls. They want to upset people, make people feel as bad as they do and hit out in anger at women. I strongly advise against getting into any kind of debate or discussion with those posters because nothing is going to change their minds and they have very short fuses. Those trolls also abuse people's photos that they find online so be very careful what information you give out when posting on threads started by those trolls.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SAS gets a lot of traffic, albeit not the good kind, which is why many people, including yours truly, still go there. But while I get drawn into some negative crap, I try to not open the usual trolling threads. It's gotten so there isn't even any serious discussion on the society and culture section which used to have some truly great analytical debates at one time, years ago. It was one of the best sections back then. I probably just need to stop going there. You can also get banned for merely mentioning this site and I haven't trusted the PM system over there in years since a former mod admitted to getting into people's emails (although it was before VBulletin).
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I just took a lot. How long before I wanted to wallop someone...

1...2...Happened.

What annoys me is how self-centered everyone is there. Okay, so everyone needs to vent and I've done it on here, but if you're gonna vent, don't reply to other peoples threads with "This is why I have it worse than you. You should be grateful for what you have."

I'm half tempted to just start a thread on why I hate men and they obviously don't have anxiety because they're all big and strong and confident and outgoing and loud and shit... See how the white knights like it...
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Monotony's Avatar Undisputed Supreme Ruler of the Universe
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I just took a lot. How long before I wanted to wallop someone...

1...2...Happened.

What annoys me is how self-centered everyone is there. Okay, so everyone needs to vent and I've done it on here, but if you're gonna vent, don't reply to other peoples threads with "This is why I have it worse than you. You should be grateful for what you have."

I'm half tempted to just start a thread on why I hate men and they obviously don't have anxiety because they're all big and strong and confident and outgoing and loud and shit... See how the white knights like it...
    Do it

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    SAS just got a new admin. The Dark Knight. So that means...no mods!!!! Brilliant!!!
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Admins are just tagging them as admins. How pathetic. LOL.

Jones and Neo are also admins now. Basically the admins are hiding and appointing mods as admins cos people are complaining about no admin presents. Having a bunch of random mods as admins banning whenever they want on there choices? Does anyone else see a problem with this?

What happened to Penny and Brandt?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.