Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats pretty cool! i would apply if i didnt feel like i would just be throwing my money away and end up not making it...

shelbster18's Avatar I'm a gangsta crayon.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a scary thought.

Monotony's Avatar Undisputed Supreme Ruler of the Universe
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote shyVr6 View Post
    Maybe they could start sending prisoners that have life or worse sentences there and they could have their own society. Kind of like those Sci-Fi movies where they send prisoners to prison colony planets.
    Send them ahead to start building the colony and then come in and remove them and fix any sabotage they committed. Better use of money than locking them up for life, or even better just use a %5 and fix them permanently.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why would anybody voluntarily sign up for that? Do they know what Mars is?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    Should grab people that have no idea what Mars is or what it's like there and send them over for the lawls.

Once they get there...

"Help... come.... pick us... up"

"We cant we don't have the technology to do so"

"WUT?!?"

"gibberish"

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I wonder how many of these people will realize whats happening in ten years time after the initial excitement dies down...and they actually think about this.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I wonder how many of these people will realize whats happening in ten years time after the initial excitement dies down...and they actually think about this.
    Honestly it's pretty god damn pointless and a waste of all the fuel and resources sent there that we wont be able to retrieve, we would be better of building [BEEP] on the moon. Or a big habitable cylinder. Or any number of things more beneficial then sending people and supply's on a 9 month trip to a barren planet that we don't have the means to exploit yet.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Monotony View Post
    Honestly it's pretty god damn pointless and a waste of all the fuel and resources sent there that we wont be able to retrieve, we would be better of building [BEEP] on the moon. Or a big habitable cylinder. Or any number of things more beneficial then sending people and supply's on a 9 month trip to a barren planet that we don't have the means to exploit yet.

It's the part that training is going to be a reality TV show with premium-cost numbers to dial to vote for your "favourite" that gets me. I think I'm going to stay on Earth. I do actually like going outside and being able to breathe without a helmet on. And eating food that isn't that vaccum-packed ice-cream sandwich.

I wonder if they get internet on Mars. Probably don't get Wifi. I've yet to hear of any cell phone operators offering calls to other planets.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's the part that training is going to be a reality TV show with premium-cost numbers to dial to vote for your "favourite" that gets me. I think I'm going to stay on Earth. I do actually like going outside and being able to breathe without a helmet on. And eating food that isn't that vaccum-packed ice-cream sandwich.

I wonder if they get internet on Mars. Probably don't get Wifi. I've yet to hear of any cell phone operators offering calls to other planets.
    If there were a colony on the moon I'd move ASAP I cant stand being on this planet surrounded by morons 24/7

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Monotony View Post
    If there were a colony on the moon I'd move ASAP I cant stand being on this planet surrounded by morons 24/7
    SA loner as I am, I still think I'd get annoyed with my three other people living with me in that space pod thing, or whatever.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    SA loner as I am, I still think I'd get annoyed with my three other people living with me in that space pod thing, or whatever.
    3D printer using lunar regolith to construct building shells which can then be outfitted with airlocks and air recycling systems, to support more people. They would only need a small crew to build the framework then send over the more advanced components. Much better use of peoples time and money than going to Mars, and dropping valuable resources somewhere where we cant retrieve them.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    So I just registered - I want to see where this goes!!!

....they weren't long looking for money lol
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No laisair, we need you here. You're actually nice

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    No laisair, we need you here. You're actually nice
    I have no plan of going to Mars lol I just wanted to see what the process was - and thank you
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Monotony View Post
    3D printer using lunar regolith to construct building shells which can then be outfitted with airlocks and air recycling systems, to support more people. They would only need a small crew to build the framework then send over the more advanced components. Much better use of peoples time and money than going to Mars, and dropping valuable resources somewhere where we cant retrieve them.
    ...whatever. I doubt they've built a 3D lunar regolith airlock whatever thingy on Mars before. Still, call me materialistic or whatever...but I do actually like being able to use the internet??? And not stuck on some red rock place with three other people doing...whatever you do on Mars...I don't know, what do they do? Sit around and twiddle there thumbs??? I doubt that there's actually much to do on Mars. I wonder what happens if there's a fault with the oxygen supply. Or one of them gets sick. A lot of people who signed up for that seem to be eligible for a pension in 10 years time...

Quote lasair View Post
    So I just registered - I want to see where this goes!!!

....they weren't long looking for money lol
    Good luck, I guess. I'm half tempted to do that, but I don't imagine there not going to take somebody who can't hear much. They say the moneys to make sure that you are fully comitted to going to Mars. Not that they could force you, I don't think.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.